“Nice, cosy, good food and music ” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant Ramsess

Restaurant Ramsess
Ranked #26 of 262 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Perth, Australia
“Nice, cosy, good food and music ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend was a bit under the weather so I took one for the team and went solo.
After a week of tajins and couscous I tried something different a Mrouzia. It's veal (steak?) Cook in a sweet sauce. I thought it was lovely and satisfied my craving for.meat.. lovely

• Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
“What's all the fuss?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

Found this on tripadvisor and thought we'd give it a go. It was ok, but just ok...I'm amazed by some of the other glowing reviews. Where to start....it was empty and stayed empty, the service was very slow, the waitress couldn't open bottles of wine, they had run out of the house special (veal tagine) so I settled for chicken tagine. When the chicken tagine arrived it was missing one key ingredient - chicken! Ou est le poulet?? Still, I had a nice veggie stew and we had a bit of a giggle. Like I say, ok but no more.

Brigg, United Kingdom
“A little gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

My third visit to this family-run restaurant specialising in quality Moroccan food. Helpful and friendly service from the charming host; with wine, live music some nights, and a nice atmosphere. Well worth a visit if you're in Essaouira.

London, United Kingdom
“Great home-cooked authentic Moroccan food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

I found Ramsess on Trip Advisor when we were looking for somewhere nice to have dinner. One of the problems is alway trying to find those restaurants that do genuinely good food and aren't just there to make money out of tourists. This restaurant is a bit off the beaten track but DEFIANTLY worth trying to find it as its a gem!!

The atmosphere is very nice inside, all decked out with local paintings and artefacts it made for a very pleasant atmosphere

The best way to describe the food is authentic home-cooking which is quite rare to find. The moroccan salad starter was AMAZING - defiantly worth getting as you get a tapas style plate with 4 delicious options. We then had Kefta and egg tagine and couccous royal for main - both of which were lovely.

No music the night we were there but I would encourage everyone to try and find Ramsess!

Aldershot, United Kingdom
“It most fine quality food ever in Essaouira!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

When I looking for good restaurant for dinner in evening and when I walk past by and I saw the info on board outside restaurant and have look inside of restaurant and it sound look good. The staff is very helpful telling me about foods. So I went in for dinner and it have free live music. I had three course meal it most fine quality food ever I had before in Essaouira. It was great night time. I felt no problem in next day in morning and I went back again for other dinner!!

Do not miss this restaurant when you go in Essaouira! Also please don't turn up for eat in last mins because restaurant can very busy and some of table might have booked and you might not able get table on time. So you need book a table in ahead for evening!

• Visited August 2013