Riad Baladin
Villa Gonatouki(Ghazoua)(Great Value!)
US$77
Orbitz.com
1,160 results
All reviewshot tubroof terracefruit saladtucked awaythe ground floorvisit essaouirahome from homedelicious breakfasta lovely staythe hustle and bustlemoroccan stylelovely staffnicolechambreriadheartsea
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Riad Baladin was one of the best riads that I stayed in while travelling through Morocco - the style, simplistic, classy, and tasteful - very detail oriented - Nicole, the host was fantastic with excellent suggestions and recommendations, loved the place, wish I could have stayed longer and would recommend it highly to anyone going to Essaouira.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Very serene riad with very well appointed rooms.The location is fantastic and so is Nicole.She was very helpful and a fount of local knowledge on shopping food and sights.
Will definately recommend this place

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2014

This was my first trip to Morocco and after 3 hectic days in Marrakech and a 5 day trip to the Sahara, I was ready for my Essouria experience. I was greeted by multi-lingual owner Nicole who showed me to my terrace room Everything in the Riad was beautifully decorated down to the tinniest detail. I had spoken to Nicole while on the road and immediately felt a connection. She and her staff are friendly - delightful people and service oriented. There wasn't enough time to do all that Nicole and Claudia suggested so I guess I'll just have to go back and enjoy this wonderful fishing village a few more times and of course stay at this wonderful Riad!!
A word of caution... watch out for the seagulls. One even took my butter dish from the table at breakfast and flew off with his bountry!!

Room Tip: I checked out almost all 10 rooms (managing a hotel myself) and found that I would stay in mostly all.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

I must say this Riad is as great as it is on the pictures! It's very clean, lovely authentic style, very cosy and bright! We got a room on the very top floor and had a fire place in it, which was a real luxury! There is a very kind man in the Riad who is there every evening to look after the guests. He brought wood logs and helped us to lit the fire. Very helpful! The owner of the place and all the girls working there are very friendly and welcoming! And one last but very importand thing: The location of Riad Baladin is ideal! It does tick all the boxes for any demanding guests! Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have visited Essaouira twice in the last few years and this was my favourite Riad by far. The rooms are very comfortable and beautifully decorated in typical Moroccan style. The bathrooms are amazing with Tadelakt( traditional built in stone alcoves) showers. The location is very central in the heart of the Medina. The sound of the atlantic ocean can be heard from from the stunning roof top terrace.

The breakfast is served by always friendly and helpful staff and is delicious and always fresh.

Our hosts Nicole and Claudia were amazing and welcoming. They gave us some great insider tips on what to eat, see and do around town. My girlfriend was sick and Nicole came with me to the pharmacy to make sure that I bought the right medication. She also made a cup of tea to cure my girlfriends upset stomach..... without us even asking her. These little touches made our stay even better.

I cannot recommend this place enough. I will be back and would advise anyone to stay here. It is very affordable considering the high standards that they have set.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple