“Relaxing delight”

Restaurant d'Orient et d'Ailleurs
Ranked #12 of 261 Restaurants in Essaouira
Price range: US$8 - US$13
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: You're welcome ! A couscous, a tajine, a pastilla or briouates ? Or maybe you are looking for vegeterian dishes ? It's here ! Would you like to spend a evening in a intimate setting whose walls are adorned with beautifull pictures ? Lawrence Quammu will gladly share a moment with you to share his passion : Photography Menu at 80 and 120 dhs Closed on sunday, open from 19.30. Wifi
London, United Kingdom
“Relaxing delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We loved it. The ambience is warm and relaxing (unusually good choice of music), the food was excellent and the service helpful and unobtrusive. The gilt-tipped sea bream with a rosemary and lemon sauce was a particular hit. The wine choice is good (although the "gris" cinsault was a tad tart and one-dimensional, that was our choice and no disgrace to be offering it). Prices represent very good value. Overall, I would highly recommend it.

• Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
“Good; but you can find lots of good in Essaouira”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

You will see here many favourable reviews for this restaurant; and I will also say that the positives you have seen are accurate (nice interior, good food choices of both French / Moroccan favourites etc.). This is without doubt a good restaurant and I would certainly return.

To try and find something helpful I have added the following comments:

1) Know where you are going before you set off - I know this sounds a bit basic, but we struggled to find this restaurant, even though it looked pretty clear on the map!

2) My girlfriend is a vegetarian and she was delighted at the options here; this not always the case whilst we were in Essaouira case

3) The atmosphere in this restaurant is quire subdued - it might be just the night we visited, but I would suggest the atmosphere lent itself more to romantic couples than larger parties or "louder' groups. It could be the lighting ......

4) You can buy wine here ...... I know I now sound like some stereotypical drunken Englishman, but I do love a nice glass of red with my meal, and I got that here.

There was nothing unique here, but nothing we didn't like. Enjoy.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank AndyS100
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best meal we had in Morocco by far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

We ate here on the last night of our trip - it was recommended by our hotel and (importantly for us!) sells wine. The place is quite small and very intimate - it was full when we arrived but we didn't feel our privacy was encroached at all. The decor is nice and the lighting is subtle - the ambience is spot on and music is played at just the right level.

The service from the Swiss owner was very good - he joked with the children that nothing was available until they eventually realised they had to order in French - it was very good fun.

We were surprised to be served an amuse-bouche - the only time in Morocco - and it was a lovely Olive tapenade. All of the food was excellent - the sea bream I had was a huge portion and exceptionally well cooked. They also take great care with the presentation of the vegetables which are served on the plate.

They cook everything fresh from scratch here so people who are in a hurry may find the service a little slow, however for us this definitely wasn't a problem as we made our way through the second bottle of Mogador Blanc!

We didn't find it particularly pricey and if we had found it earlier during our stay in Essaouira we would certainly have eaten here again. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
Santa Elena, Costa Rica
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Came to this place guided by good reviews, only to be disappointed.
My fish was far overcooked, as well as the duck breast ordered by my friend. Inability to master the basic cooking techniques is therefore the reason for poor rating.

• Visited October 2013
“Excellent food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

We took our baby for dinner and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had a delicious avocado salad and the vegetable tagine & filet minion for main. All were excellent! Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. One of our best dinners in Morocco!

Visited October 2013