“Simply lovely!”

Ranked #24 of 173 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Marrakech, Morocco
“Simply lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in this lovely riad in Essaouira for just 2 nights - but wish we'd been able to stay longer. On arrival we were upgraded by Sandra, the Manager of the riad, from a double en-suite to a similar room which gave access to a small lounge and kitchenette area where we ate a freshly-made breakfast and had access to tea and coffee-making facilities during the day. Our room had a comfy four-poster bed and sofa and was accessorised with local handicrafts such as beads and scarves used as curtain ties. It was simple but stylish. Sandra was very pleasant and gave great tips on local restaurants, one of which she booked for us. We are looking forward to returning to Essaouira soon and will be booking a room at Riad Remmy once again.

Room Tip: I would recommend either the twin room or double room on the top floor so as to have access to the k...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked 4 nights in Riad Remmy, on recommendation from a friend and I wasn't disappointed! I went on my own and was in much need of a place to relax away from work and just chill. Riad Remmy is one of the loveliest places I've stayed, gorgeous Moroccan decor throughout and a really calm and peaceful vibe. The room was lovely and very clean. I spent a couple of days lounging up on the roof terrace (with resident tortoise, Olly) and in fact changed my flight so I could stay an extra night.

Sandra was so helpful and welcoming throughout my stay, arranged a taxi from and to the airport, took me to a lovely restaurant on my first night (Caravan), lent me a phone with a Moroccan sim and was always at the end of the phone. Sandra has excellent recommendations for where to eat and drink, where to go for a traditional hamam or where to buy the best rugs. She also made a delicious breakfast each morning!

The medina is bustling with people selling beautiful hand made crafts, I spent far more time than I'd planned shopping, drinking tea with the sellers, and had to buy an extra suitcase for the flight home! Being a lone female traveller I was a bit worried that I might get a lot of hassle but I experienced hardly any at all and people were really friendly and respectful.

I definitely recommend Riad Remmy and will certainly go again. It's the perfect place to stay if you're looking to unwind and escape from the daily grind and also if you're travelling alone.

Thanks again Sandra!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had a beautiful stay in Sandra's Riad in Essaouria. Sandra met us from the bus and we walked through the old Medina, down winding little alleyways, to her lovely Riad. Sandra gave us great advice on where to eat, drink and relax, and following all of her advice we really felt that we got the very best out of the town - loads of things we would have just walked straight past otherwise. Rooms were tidy, neat and relaxing. Wish we could have stayed longer and will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom P
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My second visit to Essaouira, and first to Riad Remmy. Sandra is the best hostess not imposing, but friendly and informative. We were a group of painters who took over the whole house with 3 living areas we weren't in each others way. The house is clean and beautifully traditionally Moroccan. I know I can take clients to Riad Remmy for painting holidays and they will feel at home and being in the old town will also experience real Essaouira not just a corporate experience. Can't wait to return in October

Spalding, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place is a gem. Sandra lives upstairs and is always willing to give advice on where to eat and go. She even organised our taxi from and to Marrakesh. The bedrooms are comfortable and clean. We were one group so took all five bedrooms and it gave a great atmosphere. Downstairs there are two separate sitting areas beautifully decked out Moroccan style.
I can't recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: I liked being on the top floor where the small kitchen is situated.
bewdley worcs uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Really relaxing place right in the centre of town at end of cul-de-sac so no street noise at all. Pleasantly decorated and furnished in a Moroccan style.
Sandra was magic and gave us very handy tips on where to eat - as there are loads of restaurants these tips were useful and turned out to be spot on. She served the excellent breakfasts as well and made us very welcome. Handy to have a small kitchen where you could get drinks at anytime - hot or cold drinks like

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

Stayed here for one night on a short trip to Essaouira and loved it! Sandra is lovely and she will point out a few great places to eat/drink and has a handy little map you can find your way around with. The decor is absolutely beautiful and everything is thought out to recreate as original of a feel as possible. Make sure you speak with Sandra so that she can meet you when you arrive as finding the place first off is a TOUCH tricky. Once you know where you are though, it's easy!

The roof terrace (inhabited by a lovely little tortoise) is amazing, got a bit of tan action with coffee...who can ask for more!