“perfect”
Review of Riad Remmy

Riad Remmy
Ranked #22 of 179 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed in Riad Remy for two nights in mid may.. firstly Sandra was extremely welcoming and helpful, showing us around Essaouira and giving us great recommendations for eating out. We had just gotten engaged earlier in the trip and Sandra very kindly gave us a complimentary bottle of wine to celebrate.
The room was beautiful and the whole Riad was calm, relaxing and tastefully decorated.
The breakfast provided was lovely and really fresh. Would highly recommend this Riad.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I return each year to Riad Remmy as an oasis away from modern technology, newspapers and television. Its a gem in a peaceful area of the medina. Sandra looks after everyone beautifully and nothing is too much trouble. Its valuable when you only have a few days in Essaouira to be sure you visit the best retaurants, see the best views, visit the lovely bazaar shops on the streets, and visit the fish grills for outstanding fresh fish just brought in by the fishermen in the blue boats and cooked to perfection in front of your eyes. A feast not to be missed.
The Riad is peaceful and its lovely to have the roof terrace to yourself to chill out and the fact you can make a tea or coffee anytime is lovely. If you want to get away from it all and relax - Riad Remmy is the place for you. Make sure its on your list of places to visit.

Room Tip: If you are with children then the second floor which has a double iron four poster bed, twin room an...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed four nights at Riad Remmy. It was our first trip to Morocco and Sandra organised a taxi for us from the airport and met us at the entrance to the small and charming Medina. It was only a short walk from there. The location is excellent, tucked away just off the main road in the all pedestrian medina. Sandra is a wonderful host, extremely welcoming with lots of brochures, a map, restaurant ideas and information.

The riad is beautifully decorated with a sitting room, simple bedrooms with a very comfortable bed and everything you could need, a kitchen for guest use with coffee maker, fridge etc, and a fabulous roof terrace with comfortable seating area.

It is all spotlessly clean. Sandra bent over backwards to ensure we had an excellent stay. She is a superb host and we would love to return to Riad Remmy.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed with Sandra at Riad Remmy for the first 5 days of our three weeks in Morocco. Her Riad is clean, tastefully decorated and a total delight to be be in, Sandra picked us up at the bus, helped us book our desert trip, told us the best restaurants to go to, and was always available for the many questions we asked her. I would stay nowhere else in Essaouria and hope to take my whole family there some time. I can't recommend her Riad highly enough.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We loved our stay at Riad Remmy. Unfortunately we only stayed for one night! We even met the famous Remmy herself :) The Riad is tucked away down multiple alleys and it feels like you are going through a secret door upon entering. The room and Riad were very comfortable and well decorated. Sandra was a great and welcoming host, and gave us suggestions on where to go for meals. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in this lovely riad in Essaouira for just 2 nights - but wish we'd been able to stay longer. On arrival we were upgraded by Sandra, the Manager of the riad, from a double en-suite to a similar room which gave access to a small lounge and kitchenette area where we ate a freshly-made breakfast and had access to tea and coffee-making facilities during the day. Our room had a comfy four-poster bed and sofa and was accessorised with local handicrafts such as beads and scarves used as curtain ties. It was simple but stylish. Sandra was very pleasant and gave great tips on local restaurants, one of which she booked for us. We are looking forward to returning to Essaouira soon and will be booking a room at Riad Remmy once again.

Room Tip: I would recommend either the twin room or double room on the top floor so as to have access to the k...
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I booked 4 nights in Riad Remmy, on recommendation from a friend and I wasn't disappointed! I went on my own and was in much need of a place to relax away from work and just chill. Riad Remmy is one of the loveliest places I've stayed, gorgeous Moroccan decor throughout and a really calm and peaceful vibe. The room was lovely and very clean. I spent a couple of days lounging up on the roof terrace (with resident tortoise, Olly) and in fact changed my flight so I could stay an extra night.

Sandra was so helpful and welcoming throughout my stay, arranged a taxi from and to the airport, took me to a lovely restaurant on my first night (Caravan), lent me a phone with a Moroccan sim and was always at the end of the phone. Sandra has excellent recommendations for where to eat and drink, where to go for a traditional hamam or where to buy the best rugs. She also made a delicious breakfast each morning!

The medina is bustling with people selling beautiful hand made crafts, I spent far more time than I'd planned shopping, drinking tea with the sellers, and had to buy an extra suitcase for the flight home! Being a lone female traveller I was a bit worried that I might get a lot of hassle but I experienced hardly any at all and people were really friendly and respectful.

I definitely recommend Riad Remmy and will certainly go again. It's the perfect place to stay if you're looking to unwind and escape from the daily grind and also if you're travelling alone.

Thanks again Sandra!