Riad Sidi Magdoul
US$195
Travelocity
Villa Gonatouki(Ghazoua)(Great Value!)
US$77
All reviewshot watergreat sleepclean towelsmoroccan cultureopen courtyardcoffee or teanice breakfastcouple of nightsthe ownerfresh orange juicelovely staffexcellent locationwifiheartmedinamoroccoport
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My wife and I have just stayed at Riad Sidi Magdoul. Unfortunately for us we were unable to stay longer than one night. I had chosen to stay at Riad Sidi Magdool and am happy I did not stay elsewhere. The rooms are simple but comfortable. The cleanliness is certainly considered as top priority by the management of the Riad, as it is kept spotless. The property is located in the heart of the City. The personnel is professional, warm and very welocoming. We had the pleasure to be met by Hamza, a very hospitable agent at the front desk.

I will certainly stay again at Riad Sidi Megdoul.

Noureddine, New York City

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Zimbada
Christine-Essaouira, Gérant at Riad Sidi Magdoul, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2011

Thanks a lot.

Take care with you and come back soon, inch'Allah

Reviewed 18 June 2010

I have just returned from a trip to Morroco and spent four night in Essaouria. Essaouria is a delightful place to stay and a great breakout from the chaos of Marrakesh. We stayed at this riad for four nights and from the minute we arrived to the moment we left it was pure delight!! The riad is owned by a lovely French lady who made us feel very welcome and was a very gracious host. The staff were all absolutely lovely, always smiling and although not all of them spoke fluent English, communications were very easy. The riad is very central and a great spot to base your holiday. There is live music everynight and the breakfasts were yummy with crepes and breads and jams. The riad is very clean with gorgeous painted rooms and excellent value for money. I will definetly be returning!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank StripeyLeopard
Reviewed 9 June 2010

We spent two nights in the Riad Sidi Magdoul. And we are very happy we did it!

The welcome is very nice and staff are helpful. Good breakfast and good and cheap dinner with live music.

Do not expect luxury. The room was quite simple but very clean. The location is also perfect and close to everything!

Overall, I definetely recommend this place!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank roscio80
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Riad Sidi Magdoul was simply a great place to stay in a great little sea side town. We were warmly greeted by friendly staff who spoke English. The Riad was typically Moroccan as was our room. The bathroom seemed to have been recently refurbished; there were clean towels and plenty hot water. Although the Riad is right in the middle of the town, it was very peaceful and we had a great sleep. It does not have internet access so you need to go elsewhere - not a major problem though. A local group play music in the Riad in the evening giving you a great insight into the local culture. Breakfast was super as the pancakes came to the table piping hot. We considered that we'd made a great choice at a very reasonable price and would go back on our next trip to Essaouira.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AaaaandEeee
Reviewed 25 January 2010

I have been already several times to the riad Sidi Magdoul in Essaouira as I go nearly every year to Morocco. I recommand this riad without hesitation. It has a very good location, in teh centre of the medina although in a quiet street which is great because the city gets very busy and can be quite oppressive when not used to the Morroccan franzie. It's a clean place and the staff is very sweet. Last year I think opened the "coin des artistes" (artists' corner) in the downstairs open courtyard which I found lovely. It allows one to discovver a bit more of Moroccan culture, which is very rich, with paintings, and music in particular. I actually bought a paintings from an exhibition there and it looks great in my living room! The rooms are good and it is very easy to make contacts with people, which is cool when travelling alone as I do a lot. I absolutely love the plants which are growing down the central openning and I'm amazed at how much they have grow between my trips. The only problem with tis place are the stairs which as good Moroccan stairs are not straight and very inequal so if you are a bit older that could be a problem. Overall, I love the place and keep on going there. furthermore, Morocco is a great country and I warmly recommand it - don't stay in Marrakesh, travel around the country and go to small places, Moroccan are great people and hospitality is the greatest rule over there.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank aventurina
Essaouira-Maroc, directeur at Riad Sidi Magdoul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2010

Merci mademoiselle,
We also keep an excellent souvenir of your stay. Your energy and good humor have charmed.
Inch'Allah See you soon!