“A memorable spot.”
Review of Riad Malaika

Riad Malaika
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Essaouira
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Upon arriving in Essaoira, my husband, son and I were met promptly by Sylvie and Piermark, owners and a staff member who swept us out of the hussle and bustle of the town into their oasis. I also brought with me a terrible case of food poisoning. I messed up on our reservations (totally my fault) as we were booked for the night after we arrived and booked the suite. Sylvie and Piermark were WONDERFUL in accomodating us. My son got his own room and my husband and I were in another lovely room. The place is quiet. The guests are lovely and from the start we felt at home. Piermark brought me extra heaters as I tried to rid myself of a fever. Their concern was genuine. The next day we moved into the top floor suite which was a slice of the best of life! Quiet, private, excellent wifi, private access to the deck, light, airy, the most beautiful bathtub I have seen in a long time, and spacious. Our hosts allowed my son to keep the room he had settled in and my husband and I spread out in the suite. Breakfasts were more than adequate and the restaurants recommended by the hosts were superb! I loved this place. After a two week trek in Morocco, having driven it ourselves, from Marrekech, to the ski area, to the Sahara Desert, to more rural Anti Atlas region, we felt an immediate sense of how much Morocco maintains its own unique charm, exquisitely exemplified at this Riad.

Room Tip: Top floor suite a winner!

Reviewed 1 April 2011

well appointed riad with charming antique Moroccan decorations throughout. rooms are small but have individual bathrooms and windows on a courtyard. owners were very gracious in helping us with our travel plans for our next days journey to Marrakech. The riad is in a good location in the Essaouira Medina.

Reviewed 27 March 2011

Riad Malaika is a beautiful hotel in a great location - central but just off the beaten track. The en-suite rooms are tastefully decorated in the riad 'style' with constant hot water and additional bedding on request. Hotel staff are welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful. The breakfasts are glorious with a menu that changes daily. It's a perfect base from which to explore all that Essaouira has to offer, minutes walk from shops, restaurants, port and beach. The riad is within the city walls so you must walk from the bus station - plenty of porters with carts to help. The only issue with the riad is that guests cannot take their room keys off-site. This means that you must ring the doorbell on your return at night which is a little awkward - it also entails a fairly lenghty wait on occasion for a response.

Reviewed 19 March 2011

The staff and owners of this wonderful riad go above and beyond to make their customers satisfied. They deserve your business, and you won't regret giving it to them!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Fantastic Riad, great location in the Medina, very clean, very helpful staff and lovely breakfast. Nothing I can fault.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

lovely riad with a laid back and relaxing atmosphere. The riad is decorated with antique artifacts and in the evening the place is lit by candles with the addition of incense and a log fire during the chiller evenings.
The rooms are stylish, comfortable and clean and a roof terrace makes a good place for reading and relaxing
Plenty to eat at breakfast with freshly squeezed orange juice and good coffee and bread. The staff are helpful and always welcoming with big smiles. Hope to return in the future.

Reviewed 7 March 2011

A fantastic stay in a beautifully restored Riad. Good location, nice owners and staff, excellent breakfast. For sure a place to return to!