“A nice riad”
Review of Riad Malaika

Riad Malaika
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Essaouira
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 4 nights at the Riad Malaika. At first I was a little uncertain about it but it quickly began to grow on us. It is in the heart of the Essaouira within easy walking distance to everything. The rooms were very clean and a good size and very well priced. Breakfast was a hit and miss affair. The staff were friendly and helpful and arranged a trip out to see a local market (completely madness); a fromagerie; and lunch on the coast. Overall I would recommend this riad to anyone going to Essaouira.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I spent 2 nights in Riad Malaika and everything was perfect, I came by bus from Marrakech and owners had made sure that someone was at bus station to show me way to the riad and transfer my luggages. I had booked rooms and dinners, and I can definitively recommend the dinners at the riad, great quality, very tasty & well presented , congratulations for the desserts!
My room was quiet and perfectly clean. All the riad is nicely decorated.
I would like as well to thank all the staff, all were very friendly and very helpful, always making sure that whatever I needed was done. I needed to get a ticket from bus station to travel back to Marrakech and they arranged everything for me so that I did not have to bother about this, this is real service!
The location of the riad is ideal , as it is in the middle of the medina and walking distance to the beach.
I enjoyed my stay in Riad Malaika and will definitively go back !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Aziza B
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

It was a beautiful, beautiful place, almost like a museum. Also it has a homey feeling with a kitchen on the ground floor and smiling staffs. The breakfast was wonderful. But my room on the 2nd floor was very, very cold in November. I wonder if there is a heating system available.
Overall, highly recommended - no need to look for sth else!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We stayed 5 nights at Riad Malaika and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. If you are travelling by bus (SupraTours), I would recommed paying for a barrow boy to take you to the riad (20DM) as it might be a bit tricky to find on arrival in the maze of streets.

We we received a warm welcome on arrival and loved our room, we had booked a superior room which we found to be beautifully decorated, comfortable, clean and with a beautiful bathroom and the thickest of towels! Our room was spotless and very peaceful.

The Riad is in an excellent central location close to everything.

Breakfast every day was delicious and plentiful and certainly set me up for the rest of the day. The hotel also has a roof terace with sun loungers, we spent a couple of afternoons up there sunbathing in peace and quiet (I personally didn't feel comfortable laying on the beach in a bikini + it was quite windy).

I would also recommend dining at the Riad one evening, although it may seem a little pricey the food really was top notch and very generous portions, great value and one of the best meals we had in Morocco.

I would definitely recommend this beautiful Riad, you'll be well looked after!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kiwichelle
Reviewed 8 December 2013

The Riad was stunning and really comfortable, and the owners and the staff were warm and friendly, we really enjoyed the dinner and the breakfast was amazing! It was nicely situated at the end of a quiet alley in the middle of the old city a great position and full of activity.

Room Tip: Too be honest we stayed in two different rooms and both were outstanding!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank marcella h
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Had a great stay here! Super helpful staff, excellent breakfast in the morning - fresh squeezed orange juice, eggs or various sorts, delicious breads - and a good location in the middle of the Medina. They have a nice roof terrace as well. They will also happily make dinner for you if you wish. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

This lovely riad is in the heart of Essaouira but on a quiet narrow street away from noise. We heard the ocean from our room. Room was decorated very nicely and had a small sitting area with two chairs. I believe we booked a "superior" rather than standard room. It was quiet but we could easily hear people in the hall. The breakfasts were fabulous with a different egg dish for the three nights we stayed: one was savory cooked vegetables with crumbled hard boiled egg and another was a tomato egg dish. Fresh orange juice, pan cakes, bread, maybe fruit were also served. The staff was great.

Room Tip: we requested the third floor based on other reviews here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple