Riad Darko
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$121
US$68
US$63
US$477
US$429
Hotel Les Matins Bleus(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$157
US$126
Essaouira Lodge(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Les Terrasses d'Essaouira(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$77
Riad Al Zahia(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$67
US$86
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Great location, beautiful riad. The staff are very friendly and will help you out as much as they can. Latifa is great. I agree with all the reviews below. Only minor note is that one day our bed wasn't made and our toilet paper wasn't refilled however just a quick note to Latifa or Noelle and it was fine. The place is great, for a real authenic experience make sure you ask Latifa to direct you to the public hamma about 50metres away. What an experience. I reccomend.Just a note, as Essaouria is near the sea, the beds and rooms are a little damp but this isn't the Riads fault it is just the weather in Essaouria.

Room Tip: The room on the top floor doesn't have a bathroom in your room its just a few steps away. The bonus of staying in this room the lounge area and kitchen are on the same level.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2013

my wife and i spent amazing time in essaouira the hotel was in the center of madina very near to the port will make sure next time i go there i stay in that hotel khadija and latifa they were very lovely and welcoming. they make us feel like we are home. i definitely recommend you to stay at this hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2013 via mobile

I went to Essaouria for 2 days with the girlfriend and I'm glad I did. Found this place on the internet and got it for a very good price despite only booking it the day before I got there by bus.

Things to know:

on arrival to Essaouira it is worth ringing the owner to say you have arrived and she will send someone to fetch you (you will have to pay a small tip as the guy doesn't work for the owner ). It is about a 8 min walk. do NOT get a cab as the cab cannot drive into the old town. But once you know how to get there it is very easy to get back to the road yourself.

it does have a sun terrace which is perfect for breakfast in the morning as the sun shines directly on to you but the views are nothing special (however there will only be a few places in town that have amazing views - so take it with a pinch of salt).

Breakfast was really good and filling.

The private Haman is a must! And best of all it's free!!

The owner speaks limited English (but you get by) but her assistant speaks very good English.

everything is within a ten minute walk as the town is so small.

when we were leaving the owner gave me back money for over paying to stay the two nights. Which is a rarity in Morocco!

Finally if you are not in a rush then don't book through a website - contact the owner directly. It's cheaper!

Overall - excellent!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 3 February 2013

Although I didn't really like Essaouira due to the hassle I got as a blonde woman alone, this Riad was nice and I was well taken care of by Fatima, the manager who was absolutely lovely. The water went off on my second day in the old part of the medina and the owner moved me to another riad he owned which was one of the best in the town, the luxury Dar Louisa for the same price including breakfast! This was amazing. My only complaint would be the wifi kept going off but I think this is a general problem in the medina.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We stayed three nights in this lovely riad to explore Essaouira. The team is really friendly and its service amazing. They gave us lots of information and when we asked where we can buy bus tickets they offered to buy them for us. The rooms are not overly huge but that doesn't matter - they are nicely decorated and very clean so you feel at home anyway. The terrace is a nice extra, especially for breakfast.

This is definitely one of the best riads we have stayed in in Marocco!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple