“Nice pasta, big portions”
Review of Pasta Baladin - MOVED

Pasta Baladin
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Nice atmosphere, good pasta, competitive prices. And the portion was of good size. So the basics are covered.

No surprises and the price was also competitive. Heartily recommended.

There are newer reviews for Pasta Baladin

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I'm always a little disappointed if I try something and it isn't better than I could make at home. The pasta bolognese was just average. The service was good, but i felt that the flavours needed a little boost.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I arrived with our baby daughter from Morocco into Essaouria a little later than we expected and were pleased to find a restaurant offering a takeaway service. We typically aim to eat local food whilst traveling around, but it is sometimes nice to eat something more familiar... like Italian pasta!

To be honest, I was a little skeptical about the quality of an Italian pasta dish in a far flung Moroccan city. I need not have worried though as the pasta was very tasty and well cooked. The tomato sauce was authentic and full of flavour. I had the Frutti di Mare and it was delicious. Best of all was that the friendly staff were more than happy to deliver the meals to our Riad within a few minutes of having placed the order. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

This is a good choice if you're looking for something beside tagines and couscous, and was quite good value. The pasta was simple but nice and was just what we were after, however the service was awful. We were the first people to arrive at about 7pm and we had to ask a number of times for a menu and then to order, and finally for the bill. After 10 mins of waiting for the bill we went over to where the waitress was sitting and asked to pay. She handed us the bill and took our cash without looking at us, and didn't respond when we thanked her...did we do something wrong? Am not sure if she was just having a bad day but it definitely wasn't the kind of service we experienced at every other Moroccan restaurant!

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

This was a nice place to come after some serious over-indulgence in hard-core Moroccan food. The pasta here is simple, if somewhat overcooked (but maybe that's my problem - my husband didn't notice or care). It's pretty fast food - not the kind of place you'll stay for long. But if you weren't planing on making an evening of it, this is a super little place. Note, no alcohol.