RIad Dar El Paco
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Villa Quieta(Essaouira)
Villa Garance(Essaouira)
US$68
US$63
  • Pool
Hotel Les Matins Bleus(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$472
US$425
Les Terrasses d'Essaouira(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$76
US$153
US$124
All reviewscall to prayerroom was spotlesstwo nightscleaned dailyrecommendations for places to eatfish marketa wonderful staylight sleeperthe location is perfectwonderful hostsdelicious breakfastminute walkvisit essaouirafresh orange juicefirst floorthe hustle and bustleevery morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Only intended to stay 2 nights but ended up staying 4, the dar el paco is a fantastic little hotel, in a brilliant location, it is very clean, our room was thoroughly cleaned daily, we were made very welcome by anni and kiffi who gave us a lot of good tips on where to eat ect, and a very useful map of essaouria , the breakfast was basic but fresh you eat together with other guests on one large table, the breakfast time is very flexible, overall I would highly recommend this hotel and essaouria we will defiantly return. The only improvement that could be made is maybe heaters in the rooms, we were fine but some other guests got quite chilly in the evening, also make more of the terrace.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
darelpacoessaouira, Propriétaire at RIad Dar El Paco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2013

hello
Thank you for this lovely comment that pleased our team.
Indeed, we welcome you with pleasure again. Regarding the cool of the evening we will take appropriate because this year it is particularly cold.
Is cordially soon.
PACO

Reviewed 19 November 2012

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Paco sent us a map to reach the riad from the bus stop, and Kadija cooked a very lovely lunch for us (best moroccan salad ever!) end great breakfasts.
They also provided us plenty information about the city, what to do and where to go.
The furniture was genuinely moroccan, and the location was excellent.
I definitely suggest this Riad.
(Young couple, travelled in November 2012).

Room Tip: Wifi works better at 1st floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
darelpacoessaouira, Propriétaire at RIad Dar El Paco, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Hello,
With apologies for the delay to your kind words about our riad.
We will remercion, we are proud, we were also pleased to receive you, you were nice customers we like.
Our duty is to serve and make your stay as simple and relaxing.
Again thank you and may you soon.
The entire team thanks you and says good Christmas and New Year

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We had an absolutely lovely time in Dar el Paco..thank you!! The staff were brilliant, the location is great and the riad is beautiful. And the breakfast was great. I couldn't fault it and it was such unbelievable value, I'd go back any time and would really recommend it to friends and family. Essaouira is also a brilliant place..hard to write this back in rainy Ireland :( Thanks again- paul and gill :)

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gilliank K
darelpacoessaouira, Propriétaire at RIad Dar El Paco, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2012

Hello
A Big thank you to all the team for this assessment of the riad, we love people who love our way of managing the RIAD, your freedom to stay, we are also your desires in our means.
The whole team of dar el paco salvation you for your kindness.
Soon be
PACO

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Thank you everyone at El Paco. The rooms are very comfortable, the riad is beautiful, and the location is perfect. Very easy to find from the bus station. Just remember to follow the instructions from the email. The roads once you enter the medina itself isn't the best and if you have luggage, get a porter from the bus station. The one night we were there, there was a cooking class, and we were able to have dinner with other guests. That meal was one of the most memorable of the entire vacation. All in all, the entire time we were there, we felt like we were being invited to someone's home rather than a guest at a hotel. Will certainly be back to Essaouira, and will most definitely be staying at Paco. Perhaps next years music festival.

Room Tip: If you're not a fan of stairs, try to book the room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
darelpacoessaouira, Propriétaire at RIad Dar El Paco, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Hello,

The team Dar El Paco thank you for your lovely comment. We are pleased to have brought what you expect of a Riad guest house. We seek friendship between customer, thank you for Natty to have found the couscous excellent.
A goodbye to you faster.
Regards

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed at Dar El Paco from 4th - 7th October 2012 following the recommendation of a friend.

I had a number of questions before arrival and Paco always answered my emails promptly.

The property is in the heart of the Medina, a short walk from the Supratours bus station, providing easy access to shops, restaurants, the sea wall and harbour, the museum and many interesting little roads and alleyways.

I was warmly greeted by Natty who, over a very welcome cup of mint tea, checked me in and showed me the facilites of the accommodation and also marked out points of interest on the local map.

My room - Ifrane (at the top of the building) - was not the one I had hoped for when I booked but Natty offered to move me the next morning to the one of my preferred choice although in the event I chose not to move. Although lacking any view (I doubt many rooms of this type of accommodation actually have a view), it was very comfortable and spotlessly clean - as was the whole property. The whole place was decorated simply but to a high 'artistic and folksy' standard with each bedroom having it's own theme.

Breakfast was taken on the first floor dining area in the 'family' style i.e shared table and Natty would provide a fresh tray of juice, tea/coffee and bread and jam as well as some continental/Moroccan style pancakes/waffles as you arrived at the table. Guests were welcome to use the kitchen area at other times including storing items in the fridge.

There is a roof terrace, reached up a wooden 'loft' ladder. I only visited the first evening to take in the views but I think it would be a peaceful place to sit and read or sunbathe.

Free wifi was available either in the downstairs reception lounge area of the first floor dinging area.

The stairs, of which it felt there were more than there actually were, could be steep and the height of individual steps could be quite high - this seemed to be a common theme in Morocco. For the fit and healthy this may not be a problem but for those who do have some mobility problems it is something to take into consideration. I would not say don't say there, but I would suggest you ask for one of the lower rooms.

I wanted a massage one day and Natty arranged for Wafaa, a female masseuse to come to Dar el Paco - I could have taken had this massage done on the roof terrace or in my room. She was excellent and I would also highly recommend her services.

I never got to meet Paco but Natty was always bright, cheeful and willing to help - absolutely delightful.

Would I stay there again? Yes, but it would probably on the proviso that I had a lower room than Ifrane which is at the top.
Is it suitable for families? Not really unless the children are older and have their own room as there is not much space and the stairs could be a problem.

Room Tip: If you have problems climbing stairs ask for one of the lower rooms. You will still have to climb some stairs - it is the nature of the building, but not so many!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
darelpacoessaouira, Manager at RIad Dar El Paco, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Hello,
Thank you for this lovely description of our riad.
We just want our customers to be comfortable with us and our services.
It is our way of thanking you for your presence.
Regarding the steps c is the bad habit of Masons of Essaouira.
Excuse us for changing room for one night, which was beyond our control.
I 've been able to receive a mandatory duty m' call'd in France.

Again thank you,