“Little gem in the medina”
Review of Dar Zayna

Dar Zayna
Ranked #137 of 178 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Fairly easy to find, it allowed me to live life in the Medina, easy access tot the main street and the wharf and beach are a walking distance. The service was good and you get to choose between breakfast in your room or on the balcony.
The decor is absolutely fabulous

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aerosid

Reviewed 28 January 2013

To all users and travellers I have to tell you,that the owner of DAR ZAYNA ist for sure not unhonest! I write this, because I think is important to know!

It is normal over whole morocco to pay this taxes! They are per person and day and different , belongs on the place you stay. So don`t be wondering.....I book my rooms usually by booking.com and there you can read it also by venere. May be Expedia has included the tax in the room price. But this is unusual.

So mistakes can happens!

Gabriele - ganga08 - Expert for Essaouira and travelling through Morocco.

Friendly greetings from Germany

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank ganga08
darzaynaEssaouira, Propriétaire at Dar Zayna, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2013

Hello ;
Thank you very much for your testimony that warms my heart.
I try to do my best to satisfy my customers, but nobody is never have the shelter from such an incident.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

We felt hard to write this review due to the fact that me and my wife are easy going persons when we travel. However, the owner's dishonest attitude really disappointing and put us off.

We booked our 2 nights accommodation from Expedia site and this property only hold the credit card in order for securing our reservation. On 16th December 2012, we arrived at the property in the evening and we had a good welcomed from the owner, and one of the staff helped us to carry our luggages to our room. The room was clean and the owner even served us mint tea and cookies, we really had a good impression with the hospitality of the owner. It all went well and we settled our payment in cash during 18th December 2012 before we had to catch our bus to Casablanca at 11:30am. Me and my wife settled our payment at the reception and with a good intention, we asked the owner do we need to pay service tax as we traveled across Morocco, some hotels do have additional tax which are not included in the booking cost. The owner looked at us. puzzled a bit and said yes, we need to pay 10 Euro for 2 nights 2 pax. Thats fine we paid the fee. When me and my wife returned to our room, we doubled check our booking voucher and the voucher stated no additional tax was needed as already included in the total accommodation cost.

We went to the reception to talk to the owner, however, he already left the premises. One of the staff helped us to call his mobile phone and we failed to get hold of him. So, we left him a note and told him he was dishonest and over charged us.

When we reached Casablanca, we received an email from the owner and he did apologized but he deny he was dishonest, and he wanted to return our Euro 10 to Western Union.

For us, it was not the Euro 10 that matters, it was about the honesty and integrity of the owner, although we have to double check our terms and conditions on our booking voucher, however, being honest to customers is an important part in terms personality.

We were totally disappointed with the owner as he have such a good staffs within the premises that served the guests well, he just let his dishonesty ruined the entire reputation. Therefore, it is definitely for us not to stay in this Riad again if we returned to Essaouira one day.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cheanlee9131
darzaynaEssaouira, Propriétaire at Dar Zayna, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

Hello;
First of all I want to apologise to you again, as I also want to express my great disappointment not to be believed.

It is easy to everyone to make the difference between a person who is honest and one that is not, after everything I've done with you,the advices that I gave you just to avoid to be scammed by taxi or others but ultimately it is you believe me scammer.

On my email i told you that it was a stupid mistake: we work with Sev central of reservation and each one of them has different conditions;
if you check on booking.com for example you will see that the taxes are not included in the room price,and this was my mistake.At any way you are free to believe me or not
but there is one thing you have to know:this incident hearted me much more than you because firstly i am not the kind of persons you think i am and professionally it's
a mistake i should not make; but it can happen to anyone.

The owner

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Pretty dar in a wonderful location. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Shower pressure and temperature was one of the best anywhere. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. And the roof-top terrace is extremely pretty and inviting.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank charli246
Reviewed 28 November 2012

We arrived in Essaouria after our coach trip from Marrakech and thankfully our Riad was really easy to find, just a short walk from where the coach dropped us off.

And what a lovely welcome we recieved from Youness and his team, showing us our really spacious, clean and well decorated rooms, and then on to the roof terrace where we could unwind after our journey serving mint tea (for those that wanted it although it wasn't my cup of tea if you pardon the pun).

Throughout our stay we were made to feel at home, Youness was so lovely telling us the history of the Riad and how it had been his family home and how he had done the work himself to make it what it is today. He also was really helpful in giving us information on where to go and what to do/eat in Essaouria.
Breakfast was served on the terrace every morning and was very generous and taking into account the cost of our stay it was extremley good value.
I would definately stay here again for its location, which is really central to everything in Essaouria, for the welcome we recieved and for value for money for such a great place.
I couldn't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2012

The Dar Zayna has to be one of the most pleasant surprises I have had in a long while. Close to the Supertour terminal it was really easy to find. What's more, it could not have been better placed to explore Essaouira.
Throughout our stay Youness and his team made use all feel very welcome. He really is a genuine guy who could not be more helpful and accommodating. We were even served mint tea on the roof terrace to the sound of seagulls the day we arrived. Heaven!
The quality and standard of all the rooms is exceptionally high. Large, specious, incredibly clean and really good value too. Breakfast, again served on the terrace, was great. There really is nothing to dislike about this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JagoKenn
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Clean spacious room. A very comfortable and peacefull week. Shukran bezzef Youness.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple