“Unmatched Ambience and Charm”
Review of Caravane Cafe

Caravane Cafe
Ranked #12 of 270 Restaurants in Essaouira
Price range: US$17 - US$47
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The food is wonderful and different, the service is unmatched and most of all the creator of Caravane Cafe , Didier Spindler, has contributed in so many ways to the spirit and breath of Essaouira. Didier knows exactly how to make everyone feel comfortable,welcome and a real part of his rich palette of color, art and food at Caravane Cafe. As he visits each table and welcomes every guest, one has the feeling that he's been a longtime friend.His creations are magical, his staff are happy , even joyful..reflecting his own personal spirit and his food is always an adventure...Don't wait another day to visit to visit!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,400)

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I found the service at Caravane Cafe to be good considering that I visited with a large group of students, some of whom were very underdressed, and some who did not eat due to being ill (we were on geography fieldwork, long story). The atmosphere was lovely and the trees in the main courtyard of the restaurant, along with the rose petals sprinkled on our table, were a nice touch. I ordered a lamb tagine with dried fruits that was delicious and just what I'd imagined Moroccan food to be like - it was a welcome change from the budget restaurants we'd been in for the rest of the trip! Having said that, I found the meal to be good value in terms of what it would have cost in GBP. The entertainment - a magician and some fire eaters - was interesting, and whilst it was a nice novelty I tend to prefer to enjoy a meal in peace.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have just had supper at Caravane Cafe on the recommendation of a couple of fellow tourists. The staff were extremely friendly, providing excellent service and delicious food. The perfect end to our stay in Essaouira!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

my family and I ate here following a strong recommendation from a staff member at our hotel. the tripadvisor reviews looked great and having eaten at the excellent Tassos the night before we had high hopes.
in the event we were not very impressed. on arrival we were shown to a room off one of the upstairs balconies with no one else in it and no atmosphere, being completely separated from the 'core' of the restaurant. the service was prompt enough but with the odd attitude that either we were an inconvenience being there or, indeed, that they were doing us a favour.
the food was average, with my own African Bamako being almost completely tasteless and seriously tough meat at the same time.
although it is not the fault of the restaurant my daughter was also not impressed with a tattooed man hanging around outside the ladies loo when she went to use it!
in all its quirkiness doesn't make up for its lack of professionalism and culinary shortcomings. there are much better places to eat in essaouira.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We were recommended here by the owner of our Riad and weren't let down. We hadn't booked a table but were there early enough to be seated straight away, my husbandme and our 12 year old. We all loved our meals, my son particularly enjoyed his crab served in the shell. The entertainment was great as per the many other comments. I have to wsay I was pleased with the service. A little pricey in comparison to other places, but worth it. And you can get a glass of wine here too!