Riad Bab Essaouira
Travelocity
US$65
  • Restaurant
US$139
Hotel Les Matins Bleus(Essaouira)(Great Value!)
US$51
Villa Daba(Essaouira)
US$80
US$77
All reviewsevery morningone night staysitting areagreat roof terracecomfortable staygreat place to staywould definitely stay here againmint teacrepestaginechilloutalleyprivacybedroomsimoriadcurtains
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at this riad for 3 nights, and wow what an experience is was. The location was great, it was in a quite street but still in the middle of the old medina of Essaouira. The riad itself was really nice, it is decorated all over with original African artwork. The riad was clean and kept to a high standard.

The staff at this riad are very friendly, they were happy to assist us with whatever we needed. They were even happy to take us around the medina to help us get our bearings, a really nice touch.

Our room was really nice, it had a flat screen TV fitted on the wall and its own bathroom. There was a really nice roof terrace at the riad which was great to chillout on in the evening and to watch the sun come down over the Atlantic Ocean, an experience not to be missed.

The riad is close to everything is Essaouira, the cafes, the beach, the old fort. We will definitely go back and stay at this riad, it is great value for money.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank gasman83
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The service was excellent and staff went out of their way to be helpful. I found the rooms quiet, clean and well maintained. The splendid view from the riad’s terrace of the quaint and historical city of Essaouira and the ocean is a must see. The owner, Olivier, is super helpful and will arrange trips, guides, transport and even introduce you to business contacts if that is what you are looking for (the city has many very talented artisans). Additionally, the riad offers a self-catering facility so you’re really flexible. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Travelsmart19
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Perfect for a group to stay, the Riad Bab Essaouira provides excellent value, wonderful service and excellent local knowledge for your stay in this pretty coastal city. Check out the works of art throughout the riad. All created by a great local talent, and these pieces lend themselves perfectly to the vibe here. Very cool, and perfect for a relaxing stay. Facilities as mentioned before are a high standard for your money, but really what makes your stay is the people who work here. You will feel part of this extended family within half a day of your stay. If you are looking to spend your holiday in Essaouira, this riad comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank GirlGoonerBoySaint
Reviewed 7 July 2011

I had a short stay in this Riad when it had just opened, and thought it was excellent.. Oliver, the owner made me feel very welcome and met me at the bus station to take me to the Riad. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable..... Hot water was available at all times....The food was great!!....all freshly cooked while I chatted with friends I met there. Good music too!!...It is very conveniently located in the centre of Essaouira. I am certain that Oliver will continue to provide an excellent service at his Riads in Essaouira and Marrakech and I would always recommend to friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Elizabeth_vintage
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I was recommended to go to this place by manager of Riad Dar Najat which is always honest with his suggestions of activities inside of Morocco. I knew Essaouira before and so it was really low risk trip for me to have a good time there - but things came better than expected!
Arriving there we have been guided to get to the Riad and have been welcomed there warm-hearted and with a lot of hospitality. The furnishings have been so beautiful that the atmosphere is as beautiful as the Dar Najat in Marrrakech. So when you feel like home there just add the Atlantic and you got the Riad Bab Essaouira.
I'm really looking forward to get there as soon as possible as I can because on the top roof you can relax and get the best possible to recover from hectic daily live you have at home.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends