“A sea breeze of love!”

Ranked #40 of 175 Essaouira B&B and Inns
münchen
“A sea breeze of love!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

After a cultural trip trough marrakech, the owner of the riad dar najat send me fortunately to the stylish, small riad bab essaouira. Reading some books, walking in the evening at the beach, eating fresh fish ... and bevor you go to bed, take a look at the stars on the rooftop with a fresh mint tea.

Only 4 rooms, with private bath. Excellent kitchen-team. Perfect stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank smeise

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was my second stay at Riad Bab Essaouira, I stayed for 3 nights at Riad Dar Najat (in Marrakech) and 2 nights in Essaouira. Both riads are owned by the same person and you can split your trip to Morocco over the two places (Marrakech and Essaouira), Olivier (the owner) arranged all of the transport for me, so I didn't have to worry about a thing. Essaouira is a great contrast to Marrakech and it is definetely worth staying there for a couple of nights.

The location of the riad is perfect, it is in the middle of the medina of Essaouira but it is in a quite street away from any noise, just perfect for a great nights sleep. The beach is only a 5 minutes stroll away and the souks are a minute away from your doorstep.

The riad itself it beautiful, the decorations and furniture is unique and well thought out. My room had everything that I needed in there, it was en-suite and had its own lounge area. The double bed was very comfortable and just what you need for a great nights sleep. There was a nice "chillout" area at the top of the riad, you can have drinks up there and just relax to the music. The roof terrace is also very nice, you can sit up there on the large sofas and take in the sun.

The staff were all very friendly, they spoke English and were very helpful and polite.

I had 2 evening meals at the riad, one was the kefta tagine, it was cooked to perfection. The other was a lamb tagine, this was out of this world, the chef had cooked it to perfection and was one of the nicest tagines I have ever tasted. If you are staying at the riad, then make sure you have at least one evening meal there, you will find the quality of the tagines are unbeatable for the taste and experience you will have.

I have recommended this riad to famliy and friends, they have stayed there and agreed with me that this is the most relaxing riad in the whole of Essaouira, highly recommended, good value for money, stop thinking about it and just book it................

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank MIB15
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was our first visit to Morocco and Olivier, patron of Riad Bab, made everything so easy and welcoming with a string of friendly and helpful emails before we arrived and arranged for a driver to meet us at Marrakech airport and drive us to the beautiful fishing port of Essaouira, two and a half hours away. Momo and Yousef were waiting for the taxi and carried our bags through the medina to Riad Bab. And what a gorgeous place it was: a tiny but perfectly formed riad in the heart of the medina with three sets of rooms (bedroom, sitting room, bathroom) on each plus the communal breakfast area and beautiful sun terrace with views across the rooftops to the sea. The delicious -- and complimentary -- dinner cooked and served in the riad that first evening (a tagine of sardine boletti) and washed down with excellent local Morrocan wine was so good that we ate in for a further two nights. We were so well looked after and offered delicious freshly squeezed orange juice, mint tea or coffee whenever we appeared. Breakfasts were served at whatever time we woke up (one day 9am, another 10:30am) and were plentiful and tasty with croissants, pancakes, bread, omelettes and fruit -- yes, all of this! The rooms are spotless, the matresses firm and the bed linen crisp and good quality. Each bedroom has a huge flat screen TV which made my husband very happy. Wifi is free and fast throughout the building. Paintings by artist-in-residence Said are hung on every wall and decorate the doors, adding a special touch. We were always greeted with smiles and advised about the best hamam or restaurant, what we should pay for babouche in the souk or ride on the beach. Yousef came with me unbidden to the bus station to help me buy tickets to Marrakech and, when the legendary wind became too cool and we wondered whether we should leave a day early to enjoy two nights instead of one in the relatively warmer Marrakech, Olivier was completely unfazed and flexible and couldn't have been more willing to embrace our new plan. We were so well looked after we were made to feel like old family friends, and we shall definitely return.

Room Tip: All three were lovely. Those on the first and second floors are identical with larger shower/bathroo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CeliaSmart
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have just returned from my fourth trip to Morocco, having stayed yet another time in Riad Bab Essaouira. This unique Riad is comfortable and clean and is conveniently situated in the centre of the medina. The rooms are on individual floors and include seating areas, separate bedroom and shower room.....like a small apartment. The roof terrace with comfortable sofas has views looking out across the whole of Essaouira....beautiful at night.
My stay included a huge breakfast of fresh orange juice, eggs, Morroccan style crepes, and a selection of croissants and coffee......all delicious! I was invited to join Oliver and Said and some other guests for a meal one evening. We had a great night and it was the best food that I have had during my stay in Morocco.
I am a single woman travelling alone, and Oliver and Said were very welcoming and made me feel totally relaxed and at ease in their company....and I love it there!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Elizabeth_vintage
Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We just left Bab Essaouira and were so happy with our stay we couldnnt wait till we got home to write a review. Definitely the best decor of any hotel we had in morocco. And the service was amazing. Very personal. Said picked us up at the bus and gave us a hug as we left three days later. It felt like we were leaving his home after a visit. Oliver was also very friendly and laid back. Great roof terrace and clean rooms. Nice sitting area with couches. There are only three rooms in the place and we had the place to ourselves for two nights.

They really made the end of our stay in morocco relaxing and fun.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Christopher C
LONDON
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We took this for New year and fllled it up with friends. I felt like we were at home. So relaxed - the staff all so friendly and great food. The design and artwork is so beautiful and unique. This is the ideal place to either rent the whole riad and take over as a party - or take just one room. Its small, intimate and very special indeed with a roof terrace that looks over the whole medina. Ive stayed all over essouria and this is up there in my favourites... we arrived for a night and stayed for a week... don't miss it!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank NETIAD
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My boyfriend and I just spent 3 nights at this wonderful riad in Essaouira. The service was really great, Said helped us organise everything we wanted and showed us wonderful places to eat in Essaouira. The riad is in a great location in the centre of the medina and everything you want to see is within walking distance. The atmosphere at the Riad is very relaxed and laid back and you feel like you're staying in a good friend's home. We stayed in the owner's other Riad in Marrakech (Dar Najat) and LOVED it there too. The art work throughout all the Riad's is by a local artist and it's very unique and beautiful.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying here, we can't wait to return to the chilled out town of Essaouira and we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple