“Good food”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 January 2013

A very nice restaurant tucked away in a small square. We happened upon it be chance, and only chose it because it only had one small step to get in, as my wife was confined to a wheelchair , so access was key. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was good, if a little pricey. I can recommend the sea food tagine.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

We chose this restaurant by chance after locating the #1 ranked Restuarant in Essaouira and not being happy with their menu.
This restaurant had exactly what we wanted, myself meat tagine and my husband seafood.
The service was great, and very efficient.
The food was cooked perfectly and came out at the right temperature, except my husband ordered grilled shrimp and he got calamari. He chose not to say anything to the staff, and was happy to eat the tasty calamari.
The location is great, in a square of a few different restaurants.
Very happy!

Reviewed 3 November 2012

Food not great and expensive.
Not very clean and soup was warm not hot although the Calamari was ok.
There are much better places in town for the money

Reviewed 10 August 2012

We came here for lunch and were disgusted at the low quality of the food. The restaurant is located on a nice little square and seems approachable with an extensive menu. We soon realised this was a tourist trap and were so appalled by the food we left most of it (we never do this, we like food). The toilets are also disgusting and unsanitary. The only saving grace were the polite young ladies who served as waitresses. Stay away from places like this, there is excellent food to be had in this town for similar prices.

1  Thank Teamporsereturns
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is not the most pleasant of restaurants to look at from the outside, but is a real oasis of calm and peace within.

A fairly extensive menu caters to all tastes, including my daughters craving for lasagne....fly to North Africa to taste Italian cuisine (Kids! Go figure).

The food was good, and of a reasonably high standard, the only drawback was the delightful indulgence of smokers who puffed away quite happily throughout theirs and our meal....unfortunately the enclosure that made the restaurant such an oasis, also made it unpleasant to be in...but that's the French and Morrocan love affair with tabac I guess, you cant love some aspects without accepting you have to put up with others!

My son had the Royal Pizza, which he hated lol, but I thought was absolutely delicious, it was heavily fragranced with thyme and I think this was too much for him, but as pizzas go it was well done, a delightful crisp base, tasty range of ingredients all well put together (prawns, mushrooms, meat etc).... my daughters lasagne was absolutely lovely, not tasted any better.

Other dishes tried were grilled sardines, perfect in every aspect, and battered calamari, delicious, perfectly cooked.

I also tried sea urchins....lol, unless you have tried and liked them before I would advise you not too, an experience, but a salty unpleasant one, a very definite acquired taste I think!

All in all not a bad place to go and sample some of your "home" cusine rather than Morrocan. Just be aware of the smoking issue. Its the only reason I have given it an overall average and not a good, the food is great and if you love the old nicotine flavouring and smoky atmosphere you will LOVE this place, go for it!

1  Thank Blarys