“Great food, at reasonable prices, cooked in front of you”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green Wok - CLOSED

Green Wok
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Chinese
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Green wok: the address 100% Asian in Essaouira. Spring rolls, skewers, inspired by the cuisines prepared Vietnamese, Chinese, Thai.Eat in or take away!
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great food, at reasonable prices, cooked in front of you”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Just what it says on the tin...great variety of wok-cooked dishes, made with fresh ingredients in front of you. We worked out for us both to get a main dish and to share a side was approx. £12 GBP which is pretty cheap really. I had the garlic beef dish but changed the rice for noodles and my mum had a Thai green curry. Both were cooked very well and tasted very nice. I also liked that before cooking they ask you how spicy you want each dish. It was also nice to find English-speakers with an English menu as a lot of the restaurants are just French speaking with French menus. The guys working there were lovely too and were happy to answer some of our questions regarding the animals in the area. Would definitely recommend and would certainly be a regular customer if they were in my home city!

• Visited April 2014

Aldeburgh, United Kingdom
“Worth a visit for a Vegan.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stumbled upon this restaurant when looking for another whilst out for an evening meal.

As a vegan I found a few dishes that were OK. I ordered the fried noodles with vegetables which when arrived was mixed with egg, I sent it back and they had no qualms in changing it for a no egg options without any quibbles which impressed me.

This restaurant is extremely clean and they cannot do enough for you and also I thought it was good value for money.

Recommended if you are tired of tangines.

• Visited January 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Thailand in Essa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

Love the pad thai, soups were authentic and great tea! Super clean and welcoming staff. Went two nights in row because the soups were to die for. Chef is moroccan but trained with Thai's. It was like ti came straight out of Bangkok.

Visited November 2013
Brussels, Région De Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Super over priced and twice as bad. Just horrible in every aspect. Soup is terrible though its practically impossible to make a bad Tom Yum soup but these folks manage to make it horrible anyway. The wok is quasi okay but given the 9 € you pay for it, totally not worth it. Sucks if you are "tajined out" in Morocco, especially in Essaouira.

1 Thank Hassan H
Clonakilty, Ireland
“Not worth it...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

I was quite disappointed with Green Wok, which is a shame, because I was more than excited to have something in Morocco different from vegetable tagine. When I looked at the menu, I thought, "Okay, this is a little expensive, but I am sure it will be worth it.." and boy, was I ever wrong. After waiting outside for 10 minutes for them to actually open (it was 12:30 even though they claimed to open at 11:30 according to their sign) we sat down and handed a menu, but without any friendliness. We ordered noodles and fried vegetables, and a vegetable stirfry with garlic sauce. When they arrived, I was appalled at the tiny portions and lack of vegetables. The noodle dish had a few shredded carrots and maybe two mushrooms in the whole dish. The stirfry was 90 per cent cabbage, with a bowl of white rice, and the so called "garlic sauce," tasted more like your generic soy sauice than anything. At the end of our visit, we paid the outrageous 105 dirhams (over 10 euros, which is A LOT for Morocco) and weren't even given a mere thank-you. If you want good food in Essaouira, please look elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013