Images in the Sun Tours
Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
An Amazing Adventure

This was my second trip with Darren. The first was a week long photography workshop in Essaouira... read more

Reviewed 20 May 2020
Voyager297919
Nomadic Expedition in Atlas Mountains

Better late than never. As they say, your experience is as good as your company. it completely sums... read more

Reviewed 23 November 2019
AnshulRaj
New Delhi, India

All reviews photo tour atlas mountains sharing his knowledge offer tips their lives darren photographs camera landscape skills technical andalucia dunes expedition shooting expert
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I am a well traveled American female and by far, my seven-day photo tour of Morocco with Mr. Darren Lewey was one of the BEST holiday excursion investments I have ever made.

I HIGHLY recommend this tour if you are interested in improving your photography skills through theory and practice while enjoying the beauty of Morocco and its people. Darren is the consumate professional who clearly loves sharing his knowledge with others. He is a very good listener who took my interests and desire to improve certain aspects of my photography skills into full consideration when organizing the tour. It is not a canned tour.

Darren's main photo tour is conducted in the beautiful, coastal town of Essouira which has a wealth of visual opportunities for any level photographer. However, I was interested in seeing more of Morocco on what was my first trip to Northwest Africa. April is a good time of year to visit Morocco - not too hot and not too cool. Clear skies on most days.

Darren responded to my email inquiry within one day and proposed several options for my consideration, complete with an all-inclusive price quote. The riads and hotels Darren selected for my tour through the Atlas Mountains, the Sahara Desert, Merzoga, Ait Ben Haddou and the Ourgan Valley (to mention a few of the highlights) were extremely comfortable with most offering excellent local cuisine. Darren pays very careful attention to every detail, yet he was flexible and allowed me just the right mix of private time alone to explore and photography time with him as instructor.

He is very friendly, often engaging local villagers so that I was afforded a variety of interesting opportunities to take wonderful photographs. Each evening at dinner, we spent approximately one hour (sometimes even longer) reviewing my photographs and discussing what worked and what could be improved. Darren provided good feedback, suggesting techniques to help me improve my skills and demonstrating when necessary.

I was a single female traveling alone and felt extremely comfortable traveling with Darren. However, Darren's wife, Naima did accompany us on the tour and she was a real assest. Naima often shared her knowledge about Morocco and communicated with the Berbers we met along the way. They are a good team. Naima also teaches Moroccan cooking classes which I would also recommend if you have some extra time to spend while in Essouira.

Lastly, Darren took photos of me with his camera durng the tour that he later shared - a nice touch for a single traveler. So, in addition to seeing my own work - I have nice, creative photos of me in action. I so enjoyed the experience that I do plan on returning to Essouira for more photography and cooking lessons with the Lewey's.

Date of experience: April 2012