“10 Day Tour”

Images in the Sun Tours
Ranked #18 of 61 Tours in Essaouira
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Day Tours from Essaouira every Wednesday & Sunday into the local countryside visiting a country market (souk). Both photography and cooking workshops available.
Reviewed 24 February 2013

I highly recommend the 10 day photo tour of southern Morocco given by Darren. The Atlas Mountains with its quaint villages, kasbahs, and ksars offer wonderful photo opportunities. The trip includes a couple of days in the very cool giant dunes at the edge of the Sahara.

Darren expertly navigates the territory in a Land Cruiser and his Moroccan wife knows the culture so you learn quite a bit about Morocco while taking great pictures under blue skies and moderate temperatures (in February). Darren will work intensively with those who want his help and it is a great opportunity for beginners and serious amateurs to learn quite a bit.

Be aware that the accommodations are modest but clean and friendly, and the food is good throughout the trip.

Morris Liss

in 11 reviews
"camera"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed 14 January 2013

Went to see Darren for something different. Saw the chance to learn something more about photography and to take some "different" pictures. Holiday exceeded my expectations with good tuition and some excellent photo opportunities.
Very interesting area with many different aspects. Certainly no boring bits!
Dave Atherton

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I joined Darren and Naima for a week's cooking over the New Year period. From first contact Darren organised all aspects of my trip (transfers.,accommodation and evening meals) with professionalism and the sort of attention to detail that is particularly appreciated by the lone female traveler. I felt in safe hands at all times.

Shopping expeditions and cooking classes were organised by the elegant and thoughtful Naima who was able to teach me some of the basics of traditional Moroccan cuisine in a welcoming domestic environment. She is a great teacher and I came home inspired to use all the spices I had purchased in Essaouira. Naima was also very helpful in negotiating some bargains for me in the souk.

Highlights of my week included a trip to a traditional rural souk and helping Naima prepare a traditional Friday couscous feast - time consuming, but worth it!

Whether you are interested in a day or week- long course I can recommend Images in the Sun as a great place to learn more about Moroccan cookery in a relaxed and welcoming environment.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

I chanced upon this photography course and am very pleased I booked.

Darren took time to explain how to use my camera to achieve better photographs.
Thanks to this course I have moved from the auto setting to the TV setting,
With Darrens support we were able to photograph many aspects of this city and it's working fishing port.
Being a small group was very beneficial as we all were able to have one to one time with Darren ,our cameras and looking at the days images. Learning how I could have improve
the image.
Each day had a different theme portraits, abstract, landcape etc.
We also had a good tour out to the souk held in the countryside.
In the evenings Darren organised our suppers in various little eating places, time to enjoy local food, and discuss the days events
I was travelling on my own and felt very well looked after,even had a music lesson arranged!
Great holiday with great tuition,many thanks Darren.

See more reviews
Reviewed 22 December 2012

I joined Darren for a wonderful day trip from Essaouira to photograph Souk Ida Ou Gourd. This is a genuine Souk, where the villagers go to buy and sell all kinds of commodities, it truly is off the beaten track, without Darren I would not have found this amazing place.

Even in December it was hot, we were glad of the air-con in Darren's 4x4 as we headed for lunch at Da Nar, a beautiful Cafe in the countryside. The views from here were magnificent and the garden proved a photo opportunity in its self.

After enjoying some great food we headed to SidiM'Bark to walk the river, where we discovered some waterfalls and then headed over the dunes to the beach.

Darren gave expert advice throughout and took us to some amazing places, I'm thrilled with the photographs I took. You can choose to do a day walk or a whole week of photography. My highest recommendation!

1  Thank julieannekay