“hole in the wall”

Des Arcades de Mogador
Ranked #25 of 297 Restaurants in Essaouira
Price range: US$0 - US$9
Cuisines: French, Moroccan
Description: Des Arcades prides itself in using only the freshest, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu combines the best of both Moroccan & French cuisine. We hope you will join us on our sunny terrace, to savour our wonderful flavours for yourself!
Reviewed 6 July 2018

I actually searched for good eats around Essaouria and sought out this restaurant.
It didn't disappoint.
The food was good and tasty and the price very reasonable.
It is French-Moroccan,and I loved their pastries.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Lovely food, lovely owner, we went twice so we could try everything! Cooked fresh on site, being near a port they offer amazing fish dishes and the owner has his own spin on apple crumble which is pretty special!

The owner is moving a few doors up the street and will be back in business in a few weeks, so definitely put this one on your list of places to eat, you won't regret it!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

We stumbled across this little gem and felt it looked authentic Moroccan and welcoming. It was full of Moroccans, which is a good sign, and different Europeans. It didn’t disappoint. The owner was really lovely and the other clientele were all nice and friendly. The food was the best. I had the fish soup which just got better as I ate it and was so good. And then the chicken & almond pastilla which was like a main meal but also dessert! I would definitely recommend it all. They also do crumble & custard but I couldn’t fit it in and the tagines and kebabs look amazing!!

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

I read a bunch of reviews here and I thought: “This sounds great for a birthday breakfast”... Well, let me tell you, it was the saddest meal we had during our whole 2 weeks in Morocco. I don’t know if lunch and dinner are suddenly delicious, but breakfast was just a big disappointment.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Stayed for lunch at this delightful restaurant during a visit to the city, and was more than pleased with the quality and freshness of the food provided. We sat on the terrace above the restaurant and it was an oasis of calm in a bustling city.
We were warmly greeted and were very pleased with the choice of food on the menu and specials board.
For the first course we had a Moroccan salad and freshly fried squid rings. The main course for both of us was beautifully fresh sardines, with heaps of freshly baked bread to mop up the juices. For dessert I had apple crumble with vanilla ice cream, and my wife had fresh fig tart, which she really enjoyed. Fresh figs on a bed of crispy flakey pastry layered with a creamy custardy sauce. This restaurant was the highlight of our visit to the city. A must do if you ever visit Essaouira.

Date of visit: March 2018