“Hammam only tried”

Ranked #58 of 74 Hotels in Essaouira
romsey
“Hammam only tried”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Was recommended to go to this ham am when preferred option fully booked. The entrance to the raid is not very impressive and seems to lead to the kitchen area. Nice receptionist took me through to the hammam. A door to the outside area was not completely closed so there was a cool draft most of the time. When I was left for oils to soak in, there was loud noisy chatter through an opened door to changing area. Not at all conducive to relaxation. Would not recommend this place

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RomseyChechy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Granted my first night at Lalla Mira was cold and difficult but I decided to stay a few more nights in a different room and it was extremely delightful. The decor is simple but tasteful with nice fabrics, the rooms have floor heating and are cosy, the staff polite and friendly and the breakfast is excellent value and delicious. The hotel made every effort to make up for the first night. A little noise from the street but I would definitely recommend this hotel and would come here again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights, though I planned to stay only one. The city is nice and so is the staff of this small hotel, which is led by young marrocanian women. They helped me whereever I had a question, the athmosphere was very friendly and the breakfast was very nice. Rooms were nice and clean, as well as the whole place.
As said by others already, the hammam is nice and there isn't a restaurant anymore.
I would recommend this place.

Sebastian

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sebastian M
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Me and my girlfriend really appreciated this small hotel: location was perfect, the room was extremely nice and well furnished, everything was pretty clean and the staff was great too!

On my 2nd and last day I stayed there I started having serious problems with my stomach (it's unavoidable when you go to Morocco for the 1st time!) and asked for some hot water to prepare myself some kind of lemonade. A girl from the staff insisted to offer me a typical infusion to help me and actually was perfect.

Last but not least, if you're going there don't miss their hammam! It's just a small one, but ask for Driss and his berber massage: he really gave me a new life and was the best expended 200DHM of my whole stay in Morocco!

I hope I come back one day!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cuckoo4Caca
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 13 September 2013

They claim to be the first "bio-hotel" - I didn't get what was so bio about it. Breakfast is ridiculously loveless (a few tiny tomatoes that tasted like german greenhouse tomatoes, a bit of bread, jam, OJ, so-so coffee...), mattresses are pretty hard and I had to kill two giant cockroaches both nights before going to bed. Asked for a bug spray, they looked half-heartedly for one and then told me they didn't have one. Location of the place is pretty good, though.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank XTPH

Travellers are raving about these Essaouira hotels

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 17 February 2013

On arrival I presented my reservation at the reception. The lady at the reception has been withheld my reservation. According to the reservation should I receive 10% discount, as I stay 3 nights or longer in Lalla Mira. When checking out, they couldn't remember of the promised discount.
At this Point I wanted to talk the manager but she shoult not been in Lalla Mira. This was not supposedly because, I had seen her 2 minutes before. On E-mails from me, in which I complained the overpayment was not responding.
This fraud affected my impression of Lalla Mira very negatively.
It's a shame, because this place is very clean and the staff during my stay were very friendly.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank mybirdy
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We booked this based on the review in the best known travel guide and we should have known better. Had we checked here first, we would have been wary and probably not stayed there. The staff were friendly, if a little distant. The bed in room nine was awful. The mattress was both thin and hard, with a lumpy, grubby duvet and small, inadequate pillows. The water pressure was atrocious, with just a dribble of water coming from the shower. I know that it's solar heated, I know our room was on an upper floor, but none of that excuses the fact that it was useless. Breakfast was very basic (don't expect decent coffee).

The hammam experience was very rough and ready.

Overall, the place completely lacked charm, and coming from the wonderful place we stayed in in Marrakesh, it was very disappointing to pay the same price and get a fraction of the quality.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple