“Amazing experience but not for everyone” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lalla Mira Hotel-Restaurant-Hammam

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Lalla Mira Hotel-Restaurant-Hammam
Ranked #59 of 77 Hotels in Essaouira
Calgary
“Amazing experience but not for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

My Fiance and I stayed here and loved every minute of it. We fell in love with Essaouira and the people here. Like others mentioned, the rooms back onto an alleyway which can be filled with children playing drums with pop bottles, laughing and being noisy. We enjoyed watching and listening to the children but can understand how some would find it a nuisance. I didn't visit the Hammam in the hotel but my Fiance did and said it was an amazing experience. The beds are hard, so if you're used to plush American beds, this may be an issue. Overall still highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
rome
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2009

I arrived at this Riad after a bad experience in another one, I must admit that I was exhausted. The service was excellent and the breakfast simply delicious, all organic food. The room very clean and perfect service. Antiallergic matresses and perfect care for detail. Rooms can be reached through narrow stairs.

Breakfast and restaurant is excellent!

The location is central, inside the medina, but walking around in those narrow streets is a little dodgy by night, I suggest you do not walk around too late.

I was just disappointed in the end, when I discovered that a tax was being added to my bill plus room charge, very odd!! I had to leave it but not sure yet that was due to me to pay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

I was looking forward to staying here because of most of the reviews. However the bed was as hard as concrete. We requested two beds and my friend slept on a small sofa. I piled all my clothes and blankets under me to be able to get some rest.. Tthe manager moved us the next day but the bed was only slightly more comfortable. The linen was clean but the pillow was filthy. The brick walls were covered with fine mortar and if you accidently brushed against them your clothes became covered with white dust. The street was noisy but quieted before midnight. I would not stay here again. I can't imagine anyone recommending this for this price.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Essaouira hotels

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Lalla Mira, if you are willing to spend the extra cash, the suites on the top floor are a great bet. We had the suite with its own balcony which was a suntrap and made a fantastic escape from the medina. Late afternon when the sun had left our balcony we headed to the rooftop for more sun lounging and sundowner drinks to the sound of the prayer call. Essouira itself is an amazing little town, far, far calmer and certainly superiour as a destination to Marrakech. Staff at the Riad were really friendly and made us feel welcome. Rooms spotless and Great breakfasts, all organic and healthy, lots of pastries and goats cheese with small changes every day, if you ask the night before they will bring a tray to your room.

The only down side would be if you are ealry to bed people as there was some street noise from local revellers who seemed to congregate by one of the few street lamps placed just outside the Riad. However, they had wandered off by midnight every night....leaving nothing just the peaceful night outside!

Over all this is a heavenly Riad and we would definately return when we return to Essouira..Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Savona, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2009

I found Lalla Mira on a guidebook , was a bit stressed about having to walk around finding a place to stay in Essaouira sto i studied the map and founded straight away. Staff ( mostly women, a nice change for Morocco) was very helpful , set a boy with a cart with me to fetch the bags , gave me and my friend a supercool room and gave us directions to visit the town. Room was two floorey, big bed upstairs and smaller dowstairs , that is what you expect when staying ina an historical building. The have a hammam annexed , give you robes to walt next door and i highly recommend. We had dinner there , food was fine, they are a lot into organic food and local products( although everything is very organic in Morocco) but i would eat somewhere else net time in order to explore a bit more.
There was some noise from the street at night, but being in a overcrowded medina in northern Africa you don't exactly expect things to be too quiet. Breakfast was great with a huge selection of local delicacies.
THey also helped me boo a place in Marrakech and their recommedation turned to be great! Thanks to the staff at Lalla Mira.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chebruttefacce
baltimore, md
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2009

My friend had stayed there earlier and apparently had a similar situation...The hotel itself is cute and the breakfast was good...it's in a good location and had a lot of style and charm.

BUT...the rooms on the alleyway were noisy all night long with people in the street...and they have plenty of stickers advertising that they take credit cards, but mysteriously their machine was broken when I went to check out because it was sunday...My friend had a similar experience (which I wish I had known before I stayed there)...I decided to not cause a scene and had to go get cash, but they refused to try the credit card machine or put up a sign that it wasn't working...a total scam to avoid the service charge.

If you don't mind paying cash and can handle the street noise, I think you may really like it, but I won't give them my business again.

• Liked — charm, style, room
  • Disliked — noise, checkout issue with credit card
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank aandyy
Cary, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2008

I loved everything about this place - my room, the staff, and the food. My single was bigger than I expected, with a high ceiling, a sofa and coffee table, and a big, comfortable, four-poster bed. The yellow spread, with blue flowers, matched the cushions. Heavy, floor-length drapes of what looked like natural wool covered the window and door. I was delighted that, unusually for Morocco, there was plenty of artificial light.

I did hear music from the restaurant right below me on Saturday night, but not after 11:00 pm. Since I faced inward I didn’t hear any street noise. I was alone, so the partial wall between the bedroom and bathroom didn’t bother me, and I loved the tadelakt finish on the walls. I also appreciated the good shower.

Breakfast was excellent, and very healthy! I enjoyed eggs cooked to order, fresh goat cheese and natural yoghurt. I ate dinner in the restaurant Sunday night, taking the fish menu, and can recommend the calamari, and especially a wonderful cheese plate.

I thought the location was good - easy walking distance to the Supratours bus station, the port, and everywhere in the medina. Free internet access was available in the hotel and I enjoyed the sofas on the terraces. I didn’t check out the hammam, as I had visited one a few days previously. I enjoyed Essaouira, but it did feel quite different to other places I had visited in Morocco - much more Mediterranean.

• Liked — Pretty much everything
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank thursdaysd