We pulled up in a taxi (10 minutes from Essaouira and 300 dhm!, we subsequently found out that we could have the shuttle bus return for 175 dhm) and all we could say was 'Wow!' The gardens were just beautiful. We were met by Khalid and Nani, both spoke very good English. We (2 couples) had been upgraded to the Mogador Suite, which was a lovely surprise. We were shown around inside and out and we all agreed that it was a special place. Evening meal is either a set menu (you give notice that you want to eat that evening by putting your room number on a blackboard) or a la carte. Food was reasonably priced, alcohol isn't cheap in Morroco, so no different here. The suite had 2 double bedrooms, a lounge and a huge bathroom. It was wonderful to take a shower with the french doors open and the breeze coming in without being overlooked. Quick mention here that it is very windy at this time of year, nice during the heat of the day though.
Le Jardin des Douars has such a relaxing atmosphere, we instantly felt like we were on holiday. I would definately come back to stay and would recommend it for couples/adults (children may get bored as there isn't anything to do apart from the pool). I thought it was a nice touch that everyone had an equal share in any gratuities left, from the front of house staff to the cleaners and gardeners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the Essaouira hills, sheltered from the high winds in a magnificent natural setting formed over millennia by the Ksob Oued (river), the Jardin des Douars is a beautiful guest ksar (palace) dedicated to lovers of nature, authenticity, simplicity and kindness. A guesthouse of charm in voluptuous forms, constructed in accordance with Moroccan traditions and materials, combining a subtle refinement of decoration with the luxuriance of a garden for real relaxation and simplicity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Le Jardin des Douars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Des Douars Hotel Essaouira
- Le Jardin Des Douars Essaouira