This charming riad in Essaouira is so calm and welcoming it feels like home from the moment you walk through the doors. Set back from the main road in a quiet street with its own parking, Riad Zahra is a 2 minute walk from the amazing beach. Strolling along the sea front at a gentle pace will take about 15 minutes to reach the medina and harbour. Xavier, the proprietor is gently hospitable and with his family and staff take care of every detail in an unfussy way. The rooms are comfortable and many have a balcony (or 2). Breakfast is simple and plentiful and both restaurants serve delicious food. Make sure you dine one evening in the rooftop restaurant where the catch of the day is grilled to your liking with superb views of the bay - I would recommend reserving a table if you want to catch the sunset. The pool is sunny all day and has the added attraction of terrapins and tortoises to watch as you laze. Their lazy ways encourage you to relax. Essaouira is a kite surfing destination and Riad Zahra has a school if you are new to all of this and are extremely relaxed about kite kit storage. The Riad is superbly clean in all areas, the sunbeds are comfy and the decor is cool and elegant. There are plenty of cosy sitting areas. We had excellent wifi in our rooms but I understand that the ground floor lobby has good reception if your room hasn't. Please don't go and stay here, I want to keep it all to myself. It's only fair to say that there is a lot of overdue construction in Essaouira at the moment, mainly the sea front, but there was some building going on at the rear. However this did not disturb us in any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just two minutes' walk from the beach and 20 minutes from the Medina and souks, you'll find this family run Riad with its 23 bedrooms has everything you need for a delightful holiday as a family, a couple or with friends. Riad Zahra is in the residential quarter of Essaouira. All its comfortable bedrooms are decorated in traditional Moroccan style and have en suite bath rooms, satellite TV and Wifi. There are family sized rooms, others have balconies and some enjoy a sea view. And you'll enjoy meals in our two restaurants whose great range of Moroccan, Asian and Spanish dishes is enhanced by a wide choice of the Kingdom's wines. Open air swimming pool, terraces and parking. We'll happily help you organize your stay and can recommend places to visit, restaurants, surfing and kitesurf schools, rides on horse or camels, transfers from airports, vehicle hire ... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Riad Zahra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Zahra Mogador Essaouira
- Riad Zahra Mogador Hotel Essaouira