We were really looking forward to staying here, it looked lovely. The public areas and sun terrace are inarguably stunning. Its location is fine but the restaurant is very expensive. We didn't eat there but had room service and a chicken club sandwich, nothing out if the ordinary, was £20! Our first room was internal and on the first night the air conditioning was broken which led to a very hot and uncomgortable night. we informed them at breakfast and a fan was provided which just wasn't on given the price if this place. During the course of the day we asked for it to be fixed three times and when we came back at 5pm the ceiling in the bathroom was down and there were workmen in our room. We complained and were told it couldn't be fixed. We pushed this isdue in a polite but firm manner and eventually we got a snarled response that we could move to a suite for one night only. We did so but we told them we wouldn't be moving given we were only there for 1 night. The room was not worthy of being a suite and there was nowhere to eat the room service but in bed! The fridge in the room was also broken and the shower was over the bath which was very high and difficult and dangerous to climb in and out of! Breakfast was included and was plentiful but service was very erratic and rude, the staff apart from the doorman were the most unhelpful and arrogant that i have ever come across. The hotel also definitely catered to the French clientele which you may not find surprising but this was not a problem we found in Marrakech. All in all was very disappointing and I do not think it really belongs in the chateau relais group. I certainly wouldn't return and would look for a smaller and friendlier hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A masterpiece of the Essaouira medina...this palace of marvels lies in the heart of this town loved by artists and aventurers alike. The panoramic outdoor pool on the terrasse overlopks the medina and the ocean. the cuisine offers a subtle blend of french and Moroccan influences ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Prestigia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your L'Heure Bleue Palais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l`Heure Bleue Palais And Spa
- l`Heure Bleue Palais Hotel Essaouira
- l Heure Bleue Palais Essaouira