“Welcoming hidden gem”

Cuisines: Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This little restaurant in my opinion is overlooked for some of the better rated and more prominently positioned restaurants in the Medina. But being alone and struggling to get into the more popular restaurants in the Medina I decided to visit Keltoum based on other trip advisor reviews. When I entered it was Friday at 7.00pm and the restaurant was empty. But before I left they had more customers.

The food is good and I really enjoyed my meal. Yes it’s not gourmet but it’s reasonably priced which makes it a good solid bet. I had the set menu for DH 80. I chose Soupe Poisson (Fish Soup) which was really tasty and the Pastilla de Poisson (a sort of local vis
pasty of white fish and seafood in filo pastry served with a wedge of lemon). The menu comes with a choice of dessert but I chose not to have this as I was full. The portions are just the right size. Not too much and not too little.

The host explained that he preferred to offer good value food than to waste money on decor but I actually really liked the decor which I felt was cheery, clean and bright with white walls and using the lovely seaside blue which all the doors of the Souk use. Actually more appealing than some of the dark interiors of other Moroccan restaurants.

The restaurant was difficult to find and that could be why it is overlooked. There was little signage which could be seen from the Main Street. Also the trip advisor sign was inside and not on the door. I tried to explain to the owner that if he put the sign on the door it may be better for business but my French isn’t great and he mentioned getting a bigger sign above the door instead!

If your on a budget or on your 2nd or 3rd day and just want some reasonably priced simple local food, this is your place.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a wonderful experience for lunch in this small but welcoming restaurant. All the dishes we chose were fresh and tasty. Recommend!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 7 November 2018

Nice friendly family restaurant. Menu was cheap and the food was tasty. However I am positive the fish we had was frozen and not fresh which was disappointing. But it was very reasonably priced so I can’t complain.

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We visited the restaurant after reading the trip advisor reviews and we were not disappointed.

The restaurant is very small with a few tables nestled closely together giving it a cosy feel. When we arrived the restaurant was busy which was a good sign as many of the surrounding restaurants were empty!

The service was a little chaotic, but not bad. Food was very good indeed. We had the fish soup followed by the fish tagine and the kefta tagine. Packed full of flavour and piping hot, it was exactly what you would hope for in a small traditional Moroccan restaurant.

Great food and value for money!

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Delicious food ! M. Abdellah is also Very nice! We had fish, soup and meat. All were Very tasty ! We recommand!