“Excellent hospitality” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #41 of 176 Essaouira B&B and Inns
Illinois
“Excellent hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I spent two nights at Dar Adul with my adult daughter. We were welcomed upon arrival by Gwen, who offered us mint tea after our long voyage, where our luggage, regrettably did not accompany us. Gwen helped make several calls and gave us access to the house phone to try and run down our luggage and to schedule a camel ride. The decor is brilliant and alive with colors and the room comfortable. We ate at the hotel one night and the food was above average, and the entertainment outstanding.

My one nit was breakfast was late on our checkout day, so we had to leave without.

I highly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We spend two nights at Dar Adul and enjoyed it very much. The room was clean and lovely decorated as was the riad with colourful paintings. Breakfast at the roof terrace was good. In the evening we dined at the restaurant at the ground floor. The food was delicous. We had live music both evenings until about ten, which you can hear easily from all rooms.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Munich, Bayern, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We finished our Morocco Trip in this comfy wonderfull riad and were very glad to stay there. Gwen and all the people did their best do make our stay as comfortable as possible. Food was really delicious. What makes Dar Adul especially special is its all-over-art-paintings.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Banbury, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I dined here for the first time with a good friend. We knew it was the same owner as the Caravane cafe in Essaouira.
The food was OK but not great. The price was pretty good at 150 DH for starter/ main or main/ dessert or 200DH for 3 courses which we had. As ever, same as the Caravane, plates are over decorated with bits that add nothing to the actual meal.
Wine was very expensive at 220 DH a bottle which in other places costs 130 - 150 a bottle.
Music was just bloody annoying, particularly the violinist who craved attention.
I won't be going back again in a rush nor my friend who was ill immediately!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Stuartessaouira
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Spent 3 nights in this great riad in good location. Wonderful room for the 4 of us, with the kids well catered for. Fantastic views over the ramparts to the sea, and good breakfasts. Loved the art scattered around the riad and the rooms.

Room Tip: With 2 little ones, we went for the suite with 2 rooms. Worked well.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

I spent a week in Dar Adul with my grand Ma, and I am writing on her behalf as well.

Let's put it simple, I cannot wait to come back. I will be traveling a lot in the coming months but this place has its special charm and I cannot wait to come back. The Riad is very well decorated by the Owner, Didier (Artist) and the manager Catherine has been amazing to my grand mother and I throughout our week.

The team (cooks and cleaning ladies) are always present for our needs and discrete, very professional this without forgetting the food that is very good.

What more to say? Perfect location, best sunsets from the balcony, chilled sofas, a smiling team, feel like at home.

I recommend Dar Adul !

See you soon.

Room Tip: My grand Ma loved the suite on the top floor with the private balcony, I very much enjoyed mine on t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

This was my last riad, after a very busy adventurous holiday!
I loved this hotel and i found it to be so peaceful and relaxed. Unfortunately we only had two nights here as my friend and I were heading home.
The riad was beautiful inside. The owner must be in to art as most of the riad is very colourful and filled with sculptures and paintings, which really sets this riad aside from others I have stayed in !
Our rooms was very nice, big and clean and I loved that the bedroom was upstairs and we had a separate lounge area.
We enjoyed an evening meal at the riad which was very nice and they also put on a good spread for breakfast.
The staff were also very knowledgeable, very helpful and very friendly, especially Hicham who provided us with a map and pointed out the best places to go and see as we were not there for long !
I would highly recommended this riad, they really put themselves out to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable and next time if I return this is where I will be staying again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends