“BEEN THREE TIMES. WHAT MORE DO I NEED TO SAY!”
Review of Riad Dar Afram

and 1 more site!
Riad Dar Afram
Oxford, United Kingdom
“BEEN THREE TIMES. WHAT MORE DO I NEED TO SAY!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This riad rocks. Young or old, straight or bohemian, travelling or just weekend tripping this place is a must needed respite from all the other craziness in Morocco. From sunrise breakfasts on the terrace through to brilliant home cooked dinners after dark dar afram will look after you and more than likely refresh you from daily rubbish grind of real life.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We were recommended Dar Afram by a friend and were not disappointed!

We arrived on a beautiful sunny day and were greeted by the hotel staff with mint tea on the incredible roof terrace, this followed by delicious breakfasts and a delicious dinner cooked by the staff just for us!

The service was impeccable - not only was the manager a great host but he went out of his way to show us the town and even took us to the infamous fish market!

Would definitely come stay again - perfect for a weekend away out of the craziness of Marrakech.

Thank you all at Dar Afram!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Emma C
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

I could go on for days about how good Dar Afram is, but you should just see for yourself. Abdul is an absolute legend. We had the joy of being one of the few guests staying at the time, but he looked after us so well. We felt more like we were visiting a friend then staying in a hotel. The rooms are lovely, all newly repainted as we arrived. We stayed for a few days and then left for Agadir. We spent one night in Agadir before deciding we missed Dar Afram too much. Do not consider staying anywhere else in Essaouira then here!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Dar afram is such a special discovery. Anytime you travel you don't exactly know what you will find but when you find a place like this you are happy!.
I travelled with two friends and From the moment you walk in you are welcomed with smiles and are helped with any assistance you need in activities and tips for essaouira. It is a charming town and a charming home to return too. An incredible roof terrace with a view over the ocean and all around the town, sun chairs to relax on. We tanned, we watched the sunset. These were magic mornings with a tasty breakfast and afternoons relaxing and rejuvenating which is what we were hoping for on a holiday.
By the evening you are in the mood to meet some of the other guests who we quickly became friends with over delicious evening meals a mix of Moroccan and foreign cuisine. The decoration is done with love with various antiques, gorgeous mirrors and paintings. The atmosphere of this riad makes it such an easy place to meet, talk, strum a song on the acoustic guitar and just feel so at home. After dinner we were treated to some fine melodies being played by a mix of musician guests and the owners/hosts.
The bedroom was our own little haven, also full of stylish decorations, spacious and ensuite bathrooms. Very comfy we slept so well.
We really appreciated the care to ensure we had a good time in the riad and in the town.
Just great days, 5 in all but we so wanted more. One of those places people keep returning to and I can see why, we will too!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Me and my friends stayed 3 days in this beautiful house. It´s such a lovely and extraordinary atmosphere, you just feel like home there. We could have stayed at dar afram for the whole time of our marocco trip. The owner abdul is a friendly, lovely and talented musician, who sings and plays the guitar every now and then and makes your evening even better. The cook excellent food and its like sitting with a huge family around one table, sharing the same things. The terrace is perfect for hanging out, reading, eating or just for watching the sea and the gulls flying around. Dar Afram is one of the best and especially coziest hostels you could find in essaouira!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a lovely, unique stay in Dar Afram. Firstly it was an excellent surprise to arrive at the bus stop in Essaouria at 10.00pm and be met by Soufiane who guided me to the riad.

When i walked into the riad i knew it was my kind of place with amazing colourful artwork covering the walls, beautiful tiles throughout, and there was a little jamming session taking place. I felt at home right away.

My room was very clean and shower worked well. I was pleased to hear breakfast wasn't too early! It was nice to eat on the roof terrace and tasty too. As I was travelling on my own I decided to have dinner at the riad, and lunch in town. This worked well, and I enjoyed the food and company very much! I had a feeling of sadness leaving Dar Afram, and Soufianes fantastic hospitality. I shall be back soon as need to practice my surfing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Charlotte H
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

Ive stayed at this Riad a few times now and finally decided to review it. It is run by father and son Abdul and Taz and they are more than welcoming. Every night they have a jam downstairs where everyone is welcome to sing/play along. This is one of the great things about Dar Afram. The food is great and reasonably priced, I love having my breakfast on the rooftop terrace where the views were amazing. The rooms are very spacious and the beds are really comfortable. The decor is absolutely stunning and the staff go above and beyond to meet your needs. I recommend this place to all my friends travelling to Morocco and I always end up staying longer than I had planned.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo