“Was quite nice! ” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Il mare

Il mare
Ranked #177 of 262 Restaurants in Essaouira
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Essaouira, Morocco
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Was quite nice! ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my meal. It was quite nice! The view through the window was lovely and the food was quite nice aswell! They had live music which was quite nice aswell, although only 1 half of the room could see it, which was the half of the room I was not sitting at! Although, all together I enjoyed it

Brussels, Belgium
“Only for a drink!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We've been to Il Mare for dinner- lured in by the amazing view for sunset. The food was clearly the worst we've had in Essaouira, tasteless, dull. Even the tajines, which are usually a safe bet were disappointing, but overpriced. I suggest you take a wine to watch the sunset and head off for dinner just anywhere else!

NSW AUSTRALIA
“Awesome views”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Up a little lane and lots of stairs however the view makes it all worthwhile. Enjoyed a few drinks at happy hour before moving downstairs as it became cooler. We ordered pizzas, we found the margarita pizza quite bland, however the red wine was lovely. When we came to pay the bill we had been charged for quite a few drinks we didn't have and my husband had to spend time with the waiter reconciling the bill.

Cranleigh, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to watch the sun go down..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I am quite surprized by the bad reviews... I went with a group of friends for dinner, quite early, and thought the staff were very good, accomodating, quick, attentive. I had lobster salad and some fries, sat leaning back on very comfy cushions in different colours, very relaxed...... Food was delicious! Or you could sit outside and listen to the waves crashing and watch the sun setting... Was a perfect end to a busy afternoon in the Medina.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“great location, food good but overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a late lunch at this place, mainly because other places where you can also get a beer seem to stop doing lunch around 3 pm. The location is great but the restaurant looked a bit shabby and in need of a makeover. The waitress was helpful. My husband had a fried baby squid starter which he said was excellent. My own starter was a tomato salad and whilst it was nice it was grossly overpriced. I ordered seafood pasta for the main course which was slightly over cooked but the seafood tasted fresh. My husband had fish kebabs which were good. Overall we had a good meal but the price was steep for what it was and I went away feeling slightly ripped off.

• 2 of 5 bubbles