“First class service all the way!”

Journey Beyond Travel - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Ifrane
More attraction details
Owner description: Journey Beyond Travel offers private guided day tours in Fes and other areas throughout the country. Our focus is on eco-friendly, sustainable, and responsible tourism. The company is registered locally as an official tour operator with the Ministry of Tourism. Tourists can set up guided day trips online or by visiting the main office in Fes.
Fleming Island, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“First class service all the way!”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

As a frequent traveler who likes to be in control of the itinerary, it was very difficult for me to surrender control to an agency. However because of my desire to visit many towns/cities in Morocco where travel between stops are very long, it would be difficult to rely solely on local transport when I have a pretty tight schedule. JBT is a company that I believe is a God-send to travelers to Morocco. Thomas and Fazia were very quick responding to emails and they are very accommodating when you want certain changes to a suggested itinerary. I have just come back from an 8-night visit to Morocco and I must say that this trip is the very best I have taken so far. The trip was wondrous, exciting, fascinating, intriguing and the experience is so diverse. JBT did an excellent job organizing the trip, every detail was just perfect. every choice of place to stay was a gem, our guides in Fes and Marrakech were knowledgeable, the desert experience (dromedary - not camel, because the animals only had one hump - ride and overnight stay in a tent) was a thrill and our driver (Si Mohamed) who was with us the whole way is truly a darling. My only regret is that our trip was too short as it was difficult to say goodbye to a wonderful country and its people. JBT helped make this trip very memorable and I also have them to thank for giving me the chance to meet all the wonderful people along the way. Si Mohamed was our driver in the beginning, a friend along the way, and a kindred spirit at the end. I would highly recommend JBT and Si Mohamed to any traveler wanting to experience Morocco and not merely see it.
I would also like to add that our tour package was very reasonably priced but of greater value. Morocco is a country where there is still a lot of poverty so if you decide to visit I implore you to tip well for all those who perform great service. Tips are incorporated into the price of the package but I assure you any additional amount is greatly appreciated. This company also supports the High Atlas Foundation so not only is JBT an excellent service-oriented agency, it is also concerned with socio-ecological issues. How wonderful is that?

Visited October 2012
6 Thank ninayging
ThomasH1978Indiana, Owner at Journey Beyond Travel - Day Tours, responded to this review, 11 November 2012
Thank you very much for your kind and thorough review. It really does make me feel that what we do here in Morocco is meaningful and worthwhile. You truly got into the heart of the country by meeting local families, having an awesome driver, and exploring the country's varied landscapes. Thanks for mentioning the causes we support as well. This year especially, we are trying to put in place even better methods of helping our local, grassroots causes. Thanks again for traveling with us!

Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever!”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

JBT has organized a tour for a couple of us (ladies) that started and ended in Casablanca. We visited several places like Meknes, Volubilis, Fes, Merzhouga, Marrrkesh, Essaouira, etc- with full guided tours of the Fes medina, Marrakesh medina and other significant sights of the area. Tour guides Ahmed and Mohamed were informative and very knowledgeable.

I thought our trip to Morocco would just be one of those cultural trips I have done in the past but the tour Thomas of JBT arranged for us exceeded my expectations in every way! He has put everything very well together, very organized, excellent choices of hotels/riads, great tour guides and most importantly we got the best driver of all, Si Mohamed, my new BFF!

I consider this trip the best EVER. It was diverse, it was enchanting, it was fascinating, exciting, I am just running out of words here… I was just so happy in Morocco and so sad to have to come back here in the US! We just had so much fun! I believe that Si Mohamed is one of the main reasons, so I am extremely grateful that Thomas assigned him to us. He was always on a look-out for important landmarks/places, pointed to us distinguishing characteristics of places and the people, he was attentive and responsive to our needs, understanding of our craziness (lots of it), never impatient with our endless requests for photo ops, he was just the best! Oh, I forgot to mention he's an excellent driver as well! He truly is a gem!

Thank you to Journey Beyond Travel for an unforgettable experience. It was magical!

Visited October 2012
5 Thank cebuanaflorida
Thanks so much for your feedback and kind words! It's so nice to hear that travelers enjoy Morocco and our services. We strive for travelers to experience Morocco in a unique and genuine way - which it sounds like you did without a doubt! Thanks again for traveling with us!