“The homemade ravioli is still great!”
Review of 22 Degrees South - CLOSED

22 Degrees South
Price range: US$7 - US$41
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This is NOT the pub at the beach, but an Italian restaurant INSIDE the actual lighthouse.
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our second visit to this restaurant after visiting in 2012 and would definitely return next time in Swakopmund. I really enjoyed the spinach ravioli with parmesan and sage butter sauce. After a lot of heavy meals in Africa this was a wonderful delight. My husband had the Namibiana pizza which was also very nice, light and well made food and very enjoyable. It's nice sitting outside on a sunny day on the lawn, we had some guinea fowl visiting.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

A lovely quant setting and rather romantic... we sat inside and enjoyed the cosy ambience and old style decor and historical pics. Service was sort of slow but it seems normal that in most Namibian restaurants, the waiter comes along, takes your drinks order then after delivering them...disappears again ...for awhile and then returns sometime later to take ones meal order...
I had the Oryx and Jacqui chose the schnitzel.. nice, but nothing to really write home about. I enjoy crème Brulée and must complement the chef on this fine offering. Overall a pleasant evening and the lady waitresses were friendly despite having a number of tables to cover.
I do recommend visiting this restaurant if you are in Swakopmund.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Great place to sit outside and enjoy a little bit of italia in a quiet setting which even the kids can enjoy. Garden is beautiful and well kept, except for the really poor service from untrained staff, if you not in a hurry, would certainly recommend it.

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came back from Germany our first visit was 22' south! The manager looks good after his clients and that Young man that served me was brilliant gave us good advice what to eat!( The crayfish &rissoto and my girl the 22' south pizza) it was just amazing what a resturant service great, food quality Perfect and fresh! As always! Good job!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I am a regular client @ this outstanding restaurant ... I often refer a lot of out clients from the lodge (Twyfelfontein) to 22 Degrees South ! Great views and well trained staff, fresh salmon to die for and a stunning atmosphere! Keep up the great work. Its not always great restaurant service out there...

1  Thank oylanda h