“Great food, cosy atmosphere and attentive staff.”

Secret Garden Bistro
Ranked #15 of 77 Restaurants in Swakopmund
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Small cosy restaurant in the heart of "old" Swakopmund. Our speciality is wood-fired pizza but we also serve pasta,curry,salads & desserts ! In addition enjoy al fresco dining in the "Secret Garden" !
Melbourne, Australia
“Great food, cosy atmosphere and attentive staff.”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My family of three feel really lucky to have found this little gem of a restaurant in Swakopmund. We were there on 13 September 2013 and my wife, who is vegetarian, was thrilled to find that the menu offered several gourmet choices for her. Finding vegetarian options is not common in Swakopmund, let alone a menu with this much thought that has gone into it. The food is great for meat-lovers too, (my personal favourite is the Four Seasons pizza) and the chilli they serve as an accompaniment is a must-have if you like things hot!

Innis and Inga (hope I got the spelling right) :) were very attentive but without being intrusive and even went out of their way to engage our toddler. This included a tour of the kitchen and explanations of how a wood-fired pizza oven works, which the lil' one really enjoyed.

The ambience is very cosy and not noisy, which we appreciated as well. We had a great night out and have no doubt that we'll be back several times.

• Visited September 2013

Johannesburg, South Africa
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was so looking forward to eating here, I had passed by the day before and really fancied the idea of dinner here ( it is only open for dinner). Walking in, there was a sign, 'please wait to be seated' - no one attended to me despite looking at me. No welcome, so I sat down and waited, 15 mins later still no one had even greeted me, much less offered me a menu. This is a tiny restaurant and there were 3 staff members who could have made some attempt to welcome me. Really disappointed!

Visited September 2013
4 Thank Kimbostoo
Inga P, Owner at Secret Garden Bistro, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
We sincerely apologise for our oversight but we assumed that as you had sat down at a RESERVED table that you were waiting for the rest of your party to arrive.
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Really really good pizza! Visit regularly and never disappointed! Prices reasonable and portions good.

• Visited June 2013
South Africa
“Such good food.”
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Good food and wood oven pizza. Good service and very nice athmosfeer.
And real coffee, so expresso and so on!
We will come back, some day!

• Visited May 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just what we were looking for in Swakop”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Centrally-located with quiet, cozy atmosphere and great food. Very exciting place for a vegetarian in Namibia.

Visited March 2013