This is a very nice, comfortable, German style hotel in Swakopmund.
1) Very clean and well run. The management is professional and reliable.
2) Excellent location. From here you can walk to anywhere in Swapkomund. There are many good restaurants within 5 minutes. There are also some great art galleries around the corner.
3) The hotel is quiet at night, so you can open the windows and enjoy the ocean breeze.
4) Breakfast is a buffet and is plentiful, healthy, and tasty.
1) Hotel is fairly dark and uninviting from an aesthetic perspective. This is not a big knock against it. Just a subtle point.
2) Rooms are small and sterile. By sterile I mean, they are very plain. The sheets, colors, and furniture offer very little in the way of style or flare.
3) Lunch and dinner are not particularly tasty. The food is decent, but there are better options within town. The food is a meat and potatoes style, which may appeal to some. When traveling I am looking for a little more pizzaz in my cuisine.
Overall, the hotel is a nice place to stay and reasonable value. The location is the best feature of the hotel, because you can walk anywhere in the city. Even at night you can walk down to the water and go for a beach walk, which I highly recommend after dinner.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Hansa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hansa Hotel Swakopmund