“Promises, promises and more promises”

Prestige Hotel and Suites
Prestige Hotel and Suites
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Benin City
Herent, Belgium
“Promises, promises and more promises”
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stayed in the Prestige Hotel and Suites for nearly two months and where do I start.
I think it will be easier to tell what I liked about the hotel. This list will be a lot shorter.
1) The room
2) The Time Out (night club by the same owner)
3) Euhhhh. No 3

What I have learned that the biggest problem of the hotel are down to two big issues. A total lack of experience and even worse... a total lack of management.
This resulted in stealing of my personal belongings (iPod, money, tools and clothing) although I have to admit that is was all paid back (after long discussions). But also in small things like taking my coffee (there was a water-cooker but no coffee or tea) or juice.

My room was nice, maybe one of the best hotel rooms I ever had. Roomy, spacious and most of all... a lot of glass and natural light. And something to see on the street.
The bathroom was OK but nearly no water pressure. This made my shower a burden every single day. Specially if they did not fill up the water tank. Then no shower at all.
Second was that the cleaning staff, switched of my heater for a number of times. Although I asked them not to do... This means when I came back from work... no hot water.
Then the restaurant..
Although the taste of the food was actually not too bad, the service and serving where terrible. I asked them time after time but no change.
And worst of all, the lighting in the restaurant. Some person decided to fill the entire hotel with light saving bulbs (no problem with that) which lead to LED lamps all around and BLUE lighting in the restaurant. This is like eating in a fish bowl. Not good..!
Further... in the room, some nice bed stand lamps and reading lamps where placed. But there was no wall socket so it was more an ornament then anything else...

Again... the hotel is not bad but it need a change of attitude. Some many times I've been promised that things will change and it never did. They guy I suspected from steeling my iPod was still cleaning my room (despite the promise that one person would clean my room with presence of a supervisor).
And last... everybody always asking for "something".
But when the supervisor asking me for money for food, that we have a serious problem. Specially because she has to supervise the people whom have stolen my stuff.
When coming back to Benin City... I will pass by and go to another hotel.

One thing that was nice... the Time Out. Although it was a Mickey Mouse club, it was a change of scenery and you could meet/speak to other people. There was a passage from the hotel parking to the Time Out so you don't have to go over the street (safety issue) and Andy opened the door after you call. Nice guy

Room Tip: Take the rooms on the front / left side of the hotel. On the right back side is the Time Out and in...