“Rundown hotel with no service”

Randekhi Royal Hotel
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Benin City
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I thought I Oludeji stay in this hotel but changed my mind after room inspection. Based on my earlier visit in 2013 it was just basic. Am afraid there was virtually no service, you almost had to beg for everything.

And the whole compound is so bare, no greenery anywhere. The bar is a shadow of itself, looking abandoned and not welcoming.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone desirous of a decent accommodation in Benin.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Victor O
Randekhi, Public Relations Manager at Randekhi Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2013

Dear Mr. Oludeji,

Thank you for your comment.

Your concerns have been factored into our operational review schedule and we hope to have your opinion again on your next visit. You may also wish to explore our new hospitality product billed to open to guests in the second quarter of 2013.

Please accept our best regards.

Cheers,
Funke Adebajo
Public Relation Officer
Randekhi Royal Hotel
Benin, Edo, Nigeria

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I was at th hotel for two nights. The staff were indeed very nice . The place was very well kept and secured. The bathroom is pooly finished. This is typical of most finishing work in most hotel at Benin. I enjoyed the two nights I stay at the place. I will very much go back next time I visit home.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Omonbude O
Reviewed 7 October 2012

In one word FANTASTIC. This is It Folks. My husband and I spend a long time planning what hotel to stay at, and I have to say, randekhi hotel is amazing. It was our first visit to Nigeria and did not know what to expect. All of the staff, from the cleaners, to the butlers is at the top of their game and excellent at what they do. The room was cozy and beautiful. I would highly recommend and will stay here again! Special thanks to Oludapo the doorman- My kids though you were awesome!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Nadia M
Reviewed 28 August 2012

The staff need to be more courteous to Nigerians and not only to white people. They need to open the lounge door for all guests and not only to white people. They need to show more respect to all and not to only white people. I was humiliated by their behaviour to me.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Segun A
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I had a job in the neigbourhood of Benin City and was looking for an excellent stay for hotel and restaurant. I have to confirm you all that the manager as well as his staff and especially miss Sonia was e very great help to choice the different things on the menu as well as the service of all ordered things. I will never forget the hospitality I received during my stay in Benin and the lovely moments in the hotel as well at the swimming pool with good entertaining music.
I should say in a few words " a little paradise on earth" certainly to come back.
H. De Backer/ Belium

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Herman D
Reviewed 2 December 2011

Staff went out of their way to make us feel at home.
Just when I started to call it 'home' it was time for us to leave.
Good place to stay in Benin City, with very friendly and helpfull staff.

Thanks to all of you.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JJP_BE
Reviewed 29 January 2010

My stay at Randeki Hotel was very good. I was a long stay in benin for 9 months. I decided to try several hotels in the area, but found that Randekhi was most conveniant for my place of work. Staff were friendly and hotel manager was helpfull throughout my stay. I have another short contract early next year and will book to stay there once again. Security at hotel was good also.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business