“Positive business environment”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Port Harcourt
Beirut
“Positive business environment”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

I Stayed at the presidential hotel, Port Harcourt on my last business trip to PH, and i was surprised with the level service they offered.
It is a very preactical hotel to stay at, with different restaurants, all with delicious food, especialy the chinese resturant.
It was great setting up meetings in the lobby, or business dinners at their outlets.

The renovated rooms are among the best in Nigeria, i definitely rate this hotel as the top in Port harcourt.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
los angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Prior to my trip to the Niger Delta, I was following the news for a while and I was pretty terrified about what could happen if I had to travel there; Hotel Presidential made me feel safe and secure within the parameters of the compound; The Buffet was excellent and the Bar had a few westerners so I got to mingle and get a drink while on business. I give it two thumbs up

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Stayed at this hotel for 10 days and must say that it surprised me positively compared with reviews i have seen.
The hotel are in a ongoing renovation/refurbishment which really make needed changes into the hotel, they have a must visit new bush bar in the garden and rooms are being renovated, i ware fortunated to get a change of room during my stay and was upgraded to one of the renovated rooms, what a treat, this could be anywhere in the world today.
They have some great food and some nice restaurants, especially the Asian restaurant is worth to try and a beautiful sunday brunch buffet is a great treat for yourself.
Security is another thing to look after when you book your hotel and here you are really in safe and good hands!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I have stayed in several countries in Africa, in several chain hotels as well. What I enjoyed about the hotel was that it has a beautiful bar, and a beautiful customer service. I stayed for 11 nights, they called me twice per day to make sure if my stay was okay. The cleanliness was very nice compared to other hotels i stayed in in port harcourt. The only tiny problem is that the renovation is still ongoing, which means that some places are still not very nice, but the management ensured me that the renovation will finish soon.
I was offered a newly renovated room, which is beautiful. It is very relaxing.
Anyways that is all I have to say.

Franklyn

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Hamburg
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I have been few times in Nigeria and in comparison to other Nigerian hotels which I have visited in Lagos for example it is pretty good one. Spacious hotel with visible security, choice of restaurants and bars plus swimming pool and gym which kept me alive - not bored to death ( by the way you can find good food in the Sunday Buffet), OK satisfactory standard of the room I occupied.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 29 June 2010

i have stayed in Hotel Presidential few days, receptionist recommended Garden Premier Room - very comfortable ans really up to standard of 5 star hotel (only bathroom needs still small renovation). Variety of restaurants - i enjoyed 456 food and evenings at Bush Bar ( very nice )
generally i had a pleasant stay during my visit in PH
Joan

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank askaa

Travellers are raving about these Port Harcourt hotels

Provo, Utah
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I killed three cockroaches in two days, but missed the one that woke me crawling on my hand. The water was rust-colored and the faucets, both sink and tub, leaked. The room hadn't seen a maintenance effort in years, and the cleaning crews missed a lot. The price is ridiculous for what you get; pay a little more for a much better place.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank Dave2xu
Hotel-Presidential, Owner at Hotel Presidential, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Dear Sir,
I would like to assure you that at Hotel Presidential we follow a very strict pest control program.
I am surprised to learn from your review about the cockroaches incident.
Did you inform the concierge, the receptionist, the manager on duty or any management staff of the matter?
If you could tell me the exact date of your stay, we would go through our complains book and confirm your story so we can apologize.
I doubt that such thing happened as I've been in the hotel for 13 years and we never got such a complain.
At Hotel Presidential we have a state of the art water treatment facility. I can assure you that no other hotel in the eastern part of Nigeria can match the way we treat our water.
Our priorities at Hotel presidential are security and hygiene among others.
We can assure you and any guest of Hotel Presidential the most comfortable and Hygienic stay in Port Harcourt.
We remain happy to receive you at any time for the best service in Port Harcourt.