“The best steakhouse in Queens! 5 stars all the way!!!”

Christos Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Christos Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 593 Restaurants in Astoria
Price range: US$30 - US$140
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Christos Steak House offers all-American steaks paired with traditional Greek appetizers and sides. At Christos Steak House, we serve a range of steak options, from a 10-ounce filet mignon to the Christos Signature Porterhouse for two or three. Our beef is carefully aged for 21 days in our temperature-controlled aging room to achieve peak flavor and supreme tenderness. When cooked, we charbroil our meats at 1200 degrees, simply finished with coarse sea salt and dried, mountain oregano.
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We came to dinner to celebrate a special occasion and it was so worth it! Now I don't mean that it was inexpensive actually it cost an arm and a leg perhaps 2 arms and legs:)haha You pay for what you get and this place totally made our dinner most enjoyable. The weather was rainy and the valet personally walked my wife into the restaurant and then came back for me. Such great service to have since it's really tough to get parking in the Astoria neighborhood. We made reservations on Open Table(recommend it) and we arrived fashionably earlier so we were just eager to get seated. We were told a special table was reserved for us but had to wait just a little since it was being occupied. We then ordered a bottle of champagne at the bar area which had many pub seats with little tables...so quaint and charming. When our table was ready, the manager/maitre d personally took our glasses over to the table and seated us. What great service! You don't get that at many restaurants anymore, so sad:( Our waiter Eric was spectacular all thru the meal and truly gave us top service! Here's what we ordered and our ratings 1 to 10...for apps- Saganaki cheese(2)not the way we thought it was classically served, not with the flames! I guess that's old school:)haha This was like cheese that got tempura and deep fried. Would not order again! Sweetbreads(9)- delish, creamy, very fresh and tasty sauce with lots of challots Unique taste and a must try! For our second course- crunchy scallops(8)- served in a martini glass, very spicy yet tasty slaw. Scallops were sliced thinly on top of slaw. Would order again but just wish there were more scallops in the glass. Seriously Christos, not enough scallops even for an appetizer portion! Grilled octopus(10+) this was my wife's highlight dish. It was served sliced up with mixed greens/arugola, pimentos and capers in a red vinagrette to die for. Definitely a WINNER!!! Oh did I mention that a bread basket was placed on the table with a dish of olive spread...missed the butter but the spread was yummy. My wife wished there was butter but she didn't ask for any.
For our dinner entree we ordered the Porterhouse for 2(48oz)medium rare and it was done perfectly!! My rating is 10+++++++ Their Christos special sauce in my opinion was my highlight(10+)...couldn't fiqure out what was in it which made me think like mad throughout the rest of the meal since I do love to cook. It was their signature sauce that was so delish and it does deserve to be noted!!! We ordered 2 side dishes...one was their famous lobster mash potatoes(10+), I'm sure this was really expensive(forgot to see how much it was when I got the bill) but it was so worth it! Trully decadent! The other side dish was brocolli rabe with roasted garlic(9). It was fresh not overcooked like in most Italian restaurants, hey wait this is not an Italian restaurant:)haha
Eric was very attentive and remembered that I had asked for wine with our main course and I had some Pinot Noir of unknown brand...it was really good. Of course we had to have desert and coffee/tea...many choices on the menu but we opted for carrot cake, cafe latte and a pot of Earl Grey tea. One of our best meals we had in a long time, kindof pricy but you do pay for what you get and this place is oh so GOOD! I totally give this place 5 stars all the way!!!

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Very couzy steakhouse in the heart of Astoria. We were seated right away, our waiter did an amazing job serving our table. The steak came out just like we wanted and not over cooked. We ordered mac and cheese as the side dish, it was so good we ordered another serving. Great little steakhouse we will def come back

1  Thank shayka79
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife, sister, uncle, and I ate there for the first time tonight. The service, food and drinks were all top notch and we really enjoyed the meal. Three of us shared a 28 oz. porterhouse steak and my wife had scallops plus dessert. They have valet parking and over all it was a very good experience.

1  Thank Jam050
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The food was good and service is fine but when you add on the price of close to $100 per person...It's definitely not worth it!! This is a quaint little neighborhood steakhouse that serves locals and regulars. For those of you who like to venture and try something new, skip Christos! You want steak, go to Peter Luger or Morton's.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Six of us went there on a Monday eve for a celebration and although we were treated fine for the first half of our meal, the second half not much interest in us as a group. A 20% gratuity was added to the bill, I've never seen this done in a restaurant ever. We were well behaved and did not have any problems or demands yet when we were leaving, the waiter did not thank us and even worse we all passed by him and he kept his head down purposely ignoring us. We were a group of six women and would have been much better treated if we were men. Well these six will take their hard earned money elsewhere. So Christos, you are in the hall of shame for your rude behavior, you won't see our money again.

1  Thank Jeanne T