“Fantastic Times” 4 of 5 bubbles

Atana Khasab
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Khasab
“Fantastic Times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've been to Khasab for the very 1st time, and the car ride is breathtaking until you reach Khasab City from Al-Darah Border post (Oman - UAE). The stay at the resort was amazing, clubbed along with tasty breakfast, having enough vegetarian and non-vegetarian options that you feel bruched.
The rooms are luxury for 2 and comfortable for 3. Room service was a little slow but I've seen a lot worse, so compared to that, it was okay. October-November-December-January are the best months to visit for the morning mist, sea view, chilled air, dhow cruise, snorkeling, dolphin bay, & mountain safari. All in all good experience, it doesn't needs more than 2 days and 1 night unless you are relaxed on your schedule. Enjoy :D like I did.

Room Tip: Ask for SEA view.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel was decent, made better by the friendly and personable staff at reception. Our room was clean and we had a nice view out onto the water. This said, the hotel is old and worn. It does the trick for a night if you're in Musandam to see the Fjords but I wouldn't pay full price. Go with a Cobone/Groupon deal, this hotel always seems to be offering them. We weren't brave enough to eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food.
Another tip regarding the Dhow cruises if you're planning on doing one: there are TONS of companies in the town of Khasab and virtually all of them go out on a daily basis. We visited a couple different places and were able to negotiate a great deal. We actually ended up getting our own private motor boat with driver plus snacks and snorkelling gear for cheaper than a dhow cruise. And, by the way, don't buy a cobone for the dhow trips, the cobones are actually more expensive than the real daily dhow rates in Khasab are!

Room Tip: Pay the tiny bit extra to have a sea-view room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa J
Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

The Golden Tulip in Khasab is definitely a 4-star place that I thoroughly enjoyed for two days. It is located right on the trip of the Mus.... Peninsula and has a pretty large swimming pool and a small kiddy pool with wonderfully warm water and a turquoise color.

My air-conditioned room was very clean and spacious with a balcony that overlooked the Strait of Hormuz. The room had two double beds which were quite cozy. There was lots of closet space with ample coat hangers. I found a safe in the closet.

Unfortunately, the small bathroom did not have a bathtub but it did have an adequate shower with plenty of hot water. Of course, there was a clean sink, commode and ample bath towels which were changed daily.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tasty breakfast buffet which was certainly ample, and the service was exemplary. I also like the hotel’s dinner buffet that I partook outside on a terraza.

The hotel has Internet service but it will cost you $7 US dollars for only a half hour use. I felt that was a rip off, so I passed on using it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I can't tell how helpful and friendly the staff was at this hotel - doing its best whenever I asked for anything including losing my access cards to my rooms. Besides, the hotel is wonderfully located on the top of a rock overseeing the sea providing for a wonderfully relaxing atmosphere. It has a small private access to the sea below the swimming pool areas, where you can snorkel. If you look for a beach, a wonderful one is just 5 minutes walking distance on the right of the hotel. At night, besides the calm and serene atmosphere, I enjoyed having a shisha on the terrace located above the main building. Areas of improvement: buffet and breakfast meals were a little poor compared to other hotels of same standards in the UAE for instance. The gym also is totally outdated with only one antique cardio not working when I was there and very little tools to use for practice. But that's not what I came for and I had what I wanted: the blue sea, the snorkeling, calm and relaxing nights and the greatest hospitality ever, Omani style.

Room Tip: Ask a room with a seaview - wonderful sight in the morning on the calm blue sea , nothing interferin...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

I visited this hotel in Sept. 2013. When my son was swimming in the hotel swimming pool in the evening, a sharp object inside the pool injured his leg. There was a deep cut in his leg probably due a projecting metal part and or a broken object and blood was coming from his leg due to this injury. When I reported this to hotel staff they were least interested even to listen to us. They behaved as if it was my problem and hotel had nothing to do with it, though the injury was in the hotel pool. They were least interested in attending to us and just ignored us despite seeing that my son is in pain.

We approached the hotel reception for help and they gave us first aid kit. However, there was no one trained in the hotel to give first aid treatment. Plus the first aid kit was not fully equipped. Luckily my friends wife, with whom we had gone to hotel, is a doctor and she gave first aid to my son. The only help we received was from the person in hotel reception who arranged a vehicle for us to go a hospital. No one came to the pool area to investigate the reason for the injury caused to my son. Probably, they are waiting for few more accidents to happen before responding.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone visiting with family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Vijay P
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

After a long drive from Dubai, we finally reached our destination. And the very first stop was at this beautiful hotel. It was nearly 9 pm, however, the place was so nicely kept that we felt refreshed. A must stay place if one ever visits Khasab, Oman. The pool is beautiful and restaurant are not bad. You must book in advance, because otherwise you may have to look for other options. It was only in the morning that we realised the real beauty of the place. When we looked outside, we had the beautiful sea view and it was just right for this holiday.

Room Tip: Must request rooms facing pool and sea.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Traveled from UAE via road to OMAN Khasab and stayed in the Golden tulip hotel in Khasab. Hotel is located beside the see with great landscape. Rooms are spacious and hotel staff are friendly. Dining and breakfast was very good. Swimming pool is very nice and well maintained. We enjoyed our family vacations and over all it was great experience....

Room Tip: Room facing See and with bath tub
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Khasab
Atana Musandam
Golden Tulip Nizwa
#1 of 6 in Nizwa
Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort, Sohar
Resort Ras Al Hadd Holiday

Been to Atana Khasab? Share your experiences!