“Consistently boring”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Thai, Mongolian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has not changed at all during the years. The decor is dreary and not much to drive home for food. Chinese food with an Indian flavour. The good part is that above average quality has been maintained as far as food is concerned.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

A repeat place.
Chinese (Indian Chinese) specialised.
Tasty food; adequate varieties.
Good ambience.
Great service.
One among limited Bar restaurants.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

A nice Chinese, but didn't blow our minds. Some of the food was excellent (Hong Kong chicken which burst with flavour and peking duck), others were a little bland (Chicken spring roles). Service was good but not the quickest. (ladies, only 1 toilet downstairs which meant waiting for a while!). We went with some friends so genuinely had a nice time, but if it was a special occasion, I'd probably go somewhere else.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

“The taste of the food is in the eating"

The Golden Oryx restaurant in Muscat, Oman serves Chinese, Thai, and basically Pan Asian food, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. It's good for a family dinner as well as for a formal one.

We visited it as part of a family get-together, while I was on a visit to Oman... it was suggested by one of my family members.This was during the Eid holidays in June, so we expected a crowd, although only 3 tables were occupied. The lovely garden outside the restaurant gave it a homely look, although the entrance to the restaurant looked very elegant with a heavy door, and a doorman who welcomed us warmly.

The complimentary salad consisted of kimchi, cucumber and carrot.

We ordered one and a half non-veg platter (for 4 persons) which consisted of chicken drumsticks, tempura prawns, wantons and spring rolls, with two sauces to go with it. All the items on the platter were served hot. They were good but the quantity could have been better for the given price.

The Chiang Mein chicken noodles were good but I would say, average, compared to other restaurants where I had tasted it before.

However, what disappointed me was the Pad Thai noodles... it was far below my expectations, based on my past experiences with the dish at other Thai restaurants. Part of the reason for its failure was that the steward who served it did not toss the noodles properly, as is usually done with this dish. Besides this, the flavors were not Thai at all.

The fried icecream was served with a drizzle of sauce and was really tasty.

I felt that the food is not really good value for money. 'Either slash the price or improve the taste and quality of the food to suit the price'.. that's what I believe in!

The ambience and interiors were really good, although it could be lit better. The photographs uploaded online are a good proof of this!!

A must mention is their facility for a wheelchair/stroller with the provision of a slope to one part of the restaurant, closest to the entrance. Kudos to them for their consideration!

The staff consisted of a blend of very friendly staff and some who had to be beckoned now and then, and a blend of varying commands of the English language!

Car parking is beside the road, just outside the restaurant - we were lucky to get one, probably because the restaurant had just a few customers at the time that we visited.

Price - 2/5
Presentation 3/5
Taste - 3/5
Service - 3/5
Value for money - 2/5
Ambience - 4/5

OVERALL - 2.8/5

Subscribe to our YouTube channel - RipplezzGallore
Follow us on Instagram - @thegreatmb_ripplezzgallore & @carolmathias17
Like us on Facebook - @RipplezzGallore

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

One fine day I plan to have my dinner at this restaurant, found the food and service to be just average. The order taker was kind enough to do me a package meal, but honestly the taste does not match anywhere in China or probably Indian Chinese as I read in the previous reviews. The service was very cold, you have to wave your wave your hands Everytime. I believe the management will look after improving the quality of food and work towards it.