“just another hotel.”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Ruwi
Dubai
“just another hotel.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Hotel is not so impressive. Very limited food options, small rooms, and taxis an issue. Good for business trips which saves your time meeting somebody in the city center otherwise no way to go for this hotel.
Internet is available in the room which is free of charge. better to look out for dining options.

Room Tip: if you have a quick meeting in the city center and very short stay, do go for this option as this wi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Hammad R
alwasil, General Manager at Al Falaj Hotel, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Guest,
On behalf of my team, I would like to thank you for giving us your impression of our services. Yes indeed, the hotel is an ideal place for a business traveler, as it is just a five minutes away from the City Center and most of the major banks, financial and Government institutions. You may also be interest to learn that it is very close to some of the Tourist’s attractions in Muscat such as Old Town, Forts, Museums and the Muttrah Port. Taxis can be booked in advance at the reception to avoid delay.
I am certainly disappointed to know that we were not able to provide with good dining options. We do provide a specialty multi-cuisine Restaurant, Indian Specialty Restaurant, Pub food and Authentic Japanese food Restaurant to our clients as dining options. In addition to this our Reception staff can provide you with information for dining options nearby.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and hope the rest of your stay in Muscat was enjoyable.
Biinny Ramachandra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Korean first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stay here many times because of work commitments in Ruwi and Muscat. Renovations in the past year have really upgraded this hotel's offering. Rooms and facilities are good. Wifi can be temperamental but this is in my experience is a common issue with
alot of hotels in the region and probably an Omantel service issue outside of the hotel's control.

Everyone from the front desk to the restaurants to the housekeeping dept are always extremely helpful and friendly, which is always appreciated when I am travelling alone.

I would easily recommend it as a value for money option. Staff and management are to be commended. I always look forward to my stay at the Falaj.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Guest,
We thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. I am pleased that your interaction with our staff was memorable and I have shared this information with the rest of my team.
Thank you once again and I would take pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Barcelona, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

I stayed 3 nights April 2012, it is clean and well located...the service was good too.
The breakfast was not that good but passable.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for you valuable comments. I am pleased that we exceeded your expectations. I have viewed your comments and passed on to the team and thanked them personally for the good service provided to you.
I am very much disappointed to know that our breakfast spread was not up to your expectations and our restaurant and kitchen team have taken note of this. You may be pleased to know that we are currently providing a large breakfast spread with international cuisines such as English, Chinese, Continental, Asian and Indian breakfast specialties.
We look forward to welcoming you back and make your stay an even more pleasurable next time you are visiting us again.
Potchefstroom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Sayed provided excellent service and all the other front office staff were extremely helpful.

Check in/out, rooms, bathrooms, meals, drinks, amenities, kitchen staff, swimming pool, gym - everything and everyone was of a very high quality, affordable and we really enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest
We are very much pleased that you have taken sometime to share your views of our services. On behalf of my team, I thank you for that. I am delighted to hear that your interaction with Sayed is very memorable. I would like to convey our gratitude to you for patronizing our hotel and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed as a family ( 2 adults + 2 children) at this delightful hotel for 2 weeks in late March and early April 2012. Our room was a spacious one and the manager even put in a single mattress for our son, at no extra cost for us.
We had taken the breakfast included package. Breakfast was buffet type with a good spread including Continental, Indian and some Arabic food. Omelettes and waffles were available made to order everyday. : )
The pool facilities are quite good and there is a tennis court as well- available on a prebooked basis- with a small charge of R.O 1 ( 1.63 GBP).
We rented a car from Mark Tours, hence didn't use a taxi until the last night- we booked one to take us to the airport ( R.O 10) from the hotel.

Drawbacks were few and minor. We stayed on the 5th floor, which overlooked the Grand Hall. It was relatively quiet except for Thursday and Friday nights, when events were almost always held at the Grand Hall until atleast midnight.

The hot water setting for the shower was too hot for our liking- almost got scalded! So please use the cold water which is quite warm believe it or not!

Last but not the least, the Japanese restaurant upstairs on the 8th floor serves authentic and lip smacking Japanese cuisine. It is apparently the best Japanese restaurant in the whole of Oman.

Overall we

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Very warm thank you for sharing your feedback with us. On behalf of the Al Falaj team, I would like to thank you for staying with us and we look forward to take care of your stay next time you are in Oman. I have also passed your comments about our Authentic Japanese Restaurant food and to our Kitchen team.
We do hope that your trip to Oman was a memorable and most enjoyable one.

Best Regards
Newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We'll start with the food. the restaurant does a fantastic steak, the service is good and the decor is nice. There's good facilities at the hotel and the staff are friendly. For the price, I'd definitely stay here again. The only thing is, the hotel often has wedding parties on which are loud and can disturb sleep.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
We are very much encouraged by your feedback and we thank you very much for that. Your comments help us to improve our services and provide exceptional service to our clients. The Al Falaj team looks forward to take care of your stay. I do apologize for the noise due to banquet functions. In the event like this, our procedure is to upgrade guest to a quiet room.
You may interest to know that as part of refurbishment plan, we will be upgrading the quality of sound proofing too.
One again we do apologize for any disturbances caused and please contact us on your next visits, so that we can take care of your stay and make it a more memorable one.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

I had booked into Al Falaj on my way from UAE to Oman. I received prompt response to my emails. Check-in was fast, it is almost 25kms from Oman Airport. By taxi from airport it costs RO8 (Omani Riyals). I was booked into a single room on the 5th floor. They have a good Indian restaurant in the first floor, the food is tasty but a bit too spicy to my liking. Breakfast at the coffee shop was excellent.
If you are going into our out of town it is a bit of a problem getting a ride back. They have the shared taxi concepts and i had to take two taxis (one from MAF refinery to Ruwi Roundabout) and another from other side of the round to church stop which is the closest to the hotel) A five minute walk from the stop would get you back to hotel.
Check out was also fast and prompt and there are usually one or two taxis in the hotel parking.
All in all a cosy place, nothing much to complain.

Room Tip: I believe there is a pub in the 8th floor with live band which plays into the night. So choose your...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your comments and thank you very much for sharing your experience with our services. I am delighted to hear your interaction with our team was very cordial and the service was prompt. Hope the rest of your trip was successful and memorable one.

We take pleasure in welcoming you back on your next visit to Muscat.

Binny Ramachandra
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruwi
Crowne Plaza Muscat
Sheraton Oman Hotel
Sheraton Oman Hotel
#1 of 50 in Muscat
The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel

Been to Al Falaj Hotel? Share your experiences!