“Ok, but a bit outdated.”

Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Ruwi
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The room was very spacious, the bed was OK. But the bathroom was really outdated (some cracks in my bathtub), and although the wifi was complimentary it was terribly slow. Submitting a simple e-mail in Gmail required three resubmissions. I was lucky to have a room with mountain view (equals to no view), but probably this is a lot better then the room who views the busy road. So if you are on a quick business trip and your customer is in Ruwi, it is ok for a night or two.

Room Tip: I would pick a room which faces the mountain, probably less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
OmanHotels, General Manager at Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Johanhagendijk,

Thank you sincerely for patronizing Ruwi Hotel - Muscat and posting your comments on trip advisor.

The Ruwi Hotel has under gone many changes such as upgrading the swimming pool area, the club bar, introduction of premier rooms and refurbishment of gymnasium. However all concerns pertaining to inadequacies of hotel standards are being addressed with the concerned departments.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for your future.

There are newer reviews for Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Ruwi hotel. It had ample parking. The reception staff were very nice and polite. The food was average and quite pricey but there are plenty of cheaper tastier options outside. The breakfast was good, however. The rooms were comfortable. We slept very well. Ruwi was only a quick drive from Muscat's attractions. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Jen37_12

Thank you for your visit to Ruwi Hotel and forwarding your comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the facilities, clean rooms, breakfast buffet and friendliness of the staff.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for a great future.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

It's Yet another beautiful moment for me,are you planning for a Holiday Trip in Muscat,Oman? Are you worried about your Budget? No! Never mind about it,here i'll give you the Best Option based on my experience where should spend your money without worrying about other things,especially if you're looking for a quiet and reasonable rate, Definitely search for "Ruwi Hotel" this is the place to be with your loved ones,staff are well trained,good manners,Polite,honesty,very concerned with Guests,Quick response,Hotel located in a very nice area accessibility of shopping malls,Taxis,Public transportation,Money exchange centers,Main road, highways,wide range of mountain view to see while indoors,etc...It's my second stay in this wonderful 3 star Hotel,me & my Fiancee ,this time round when they noticed am coming back 2nd time they decided to make a "Surprise" to me by Upgrading my Superior room to "Suite Room"!wah wah wah!, Got offer for Breakfast & Free Dinner! what else you need? not only that, Access to VIP lounge,what a Holiday!!! We stayed for (3 days),My special thanks to Mr.Melbin,he's such a wonderful Guy who had to call me always to check if everything is Ok,plus organizing our Birthday Cake...Without forgetting,Mr.Fernandes & Rajesh,these Guys are such a professionals who make things happen in every move,they ensured our check in was very smooth,Check out was ,Woow! We were given late check out as per our request...this sounds fantastic this time round....Many many thanks to all the Staff,from reception to House keeping to Coffee house and from the Bar "philipina lady" who was very helpful in Cutting our Cake....I have no words to explain our happiness...it was really amazing feeling at Home away from Home...our answer was "WE WILL STILL COME BACK AGAIN"!!....Thank you all...

Room Tip: If you like to see City View,Mountain View request for rooms from 6-8th floor facing either any of t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear J Davis,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights and I was satisfied by their excellent service, delectable food, accommodating staff, free and fast Wifi, and clean and spacious rooms. I personally like Ms Nina and the other Filipina girl who really assisted me during my stay in the hotel. Before I left, I requested if I could check out four hours later and my request was granted. I will surely recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Aqui2014
OmanHotels, General Manager at Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Aqui2014,

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the food, rooms, wifi facility and friendliness of the staff.

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

The services are really good. I really appreciate front desk officer named Shanavs.

I will surely come over next time and will ask my other collegues to stay here.

The breakfast was good and so the room cleaning.

keep it up.

Fawad

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear S Fawad,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in April,2014. The concierge is awesome and very helpful. The breakfast is good and the staff so very pleasant. The rooms are a good size and comfortable but something bit my legs and the next room found a red bug on the bed. There was no compensation for this mishap. Do not book through the hotel as the rates are higher than booking .com.

Room Tip: Check for bugs before sleeping.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This is a nice hotel in Ruwi area, which is the business area of Muscat. There are Ruwi souq, kfc, bus station, airlines offices, etc. nearby the hotel. The room was a bit old and not absolutely clean, but it´s acceptable. At least, everything functioned well. Staffs are helpful. Breakfast is delicious. Wifi only at lobby.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DonRome
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruwi
Al Falaj Hotel
Crowne Plaza Muscat
#7 of 59 in Muscat
Radisson Blu Hotel, Muscat
Coral Muscat Hotel & Apartments

Been to Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat? Share your experiences!