“Legendary Middle Eastern hospitality is no legend”

Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Ruwi
“Legendary Middle Eastern hospitality is no legend”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is thoroughly a 3-star hotel; the building is older but still in good repair. The rooms are clean and up-to-date, although smaller than one might expect. Parking is a bit of an issue, but that is no fault of the hotel as there is a big rocky outcropping right across the street, so there is nowhere to put a big parking lot. Traffic past the hotel moves quite quickly, so pulling out can be tricky during peak times. The food in the restaurant was fairly good. I bought the package where I could have breakfast and dinner at the hotel. The selection was limited to about half the menu, but it still gave a diverse selection of tasty, although not superb foods. The best asset this hotel has is its people, especially Nina in the front office. Whatever you need, they will do whatever it takes to make sure you are satisfied. I had thought Middle Eastern hospitality was simply a stereotype. But from my experience at this hotel in specific and around Oman in general, I see now that it is no myth. Thanks again to the entire hotel staff. If business ever brings me back to Oman, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
OmanHotels, General Manager at Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Doug C,

Thank you for patronizing Ruwi Hotel - Muscat and sharing your comments on trip advisor.

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback of yours on rooms and guest servicesl. The Ruwi Hotel has under gone many changes during the past year, upgrading the swimming pool area, the rooms, gymnasium and banquet hall. We have made arrangements to upgrade the A la carte menu at the coffee shop.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for your future.

Ruwi Hotel-Muscat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Bathroom smell bad, bad air conditioning, TV channels are poor , full of Indian channels and no Arabic channels , the area is very bad very old hotel but special thanks to mr hasan and mr bilal, I will never come again to this hotel

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mohammed B,

We are extremely sorry to hear that your previous stay at Ruwi Hotel was not up to your complete satisfaction. However all your concerns pertaining to inadequacies in hotel standards have been addressed with the concerned departments.

I sincerely thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and we humbly invite you to Ruwi hotel – Muscat to experience the difference.

Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Ruwi Hotel experienced me that I feel same at home during my stay here. Everybody is very well accomodating and also they are very nice persons. The food is great and service is very good especially from Ms. Nina. Surely I will come back to this place again.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Natsirt-13
Dear Natsirt-13,

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback of yours on rooms, food and guest servicesl. The Ruwi Hotel has under gone many changes during the past year, upgrading the swimming pool area, the rooms, gymnasium and banquet hall. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Ruwi Hotel Musact.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I just travelled from the Philippines early in the morning. The trip was very long which made me really exhausted. So I said to myself, I am definitely wishing to have some good rest and good place to stay that time.

While leaving the Muscat International Airport, I found Muscat City interesting and peaceful. I was in awe to see the moon setting while at the same time the sun is rising such a beautiful scenery. Then the staff of the hotel who fetched me, pointed me some buildings. I did not thought that there will be lots of Opera houses and art galleries which I hope I can visit one of these days. The n the houses and the buildings of some establishments for me seemed very organized. Plus no traffic.

Then finally we arrived at the Ruwi Hotel which instantly I was entertained and gave all my needs. Honestly, my first impression with the hotel is nice, simple and, quiet.
I find the hotel very relaxing because the room is nice plus the staff are all very accommodating.

I recommend that this should be one of the options of the tourists visiting the city of Muscat.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Ursotot

Thank you for your visit to Ruwi Hotel and forwarding comments on Trip advisor. We are very happy to hear that you have had a wonderful experience at Ruwi Hotel.

My staff and I are delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the facilities, clean rooms, breakfast buffet and friendliness of the staff.

I thank you once again for posting your comments on trip advisor and wish you all the very best for a great future.

South Oman
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My stay in ruwi hotel proves to be always an enjoyable one. Hotel staffs were polite and and very friendly, from the reception going to the restaurant. Rooms are big enough to relax, well furnished and cleanliness are perfect too. Rooms were equipped with 32"led tv's for a more nice viewing.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Roy D

Reviewed 25 June 2014

It was an excellent experience during my 15 days stay. Hotel location is perfect in ruwi. Its cleanliness is excellent and stafs are so friendly specially Mr. Shanavas. Breakfast offered in morning have lota of variety from veg to nonveg specially indian puro allo was awesome

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Rahulkumar080,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Face it: Muscat is pricey and most hotels are of poor value. If you want to see Muscat but need to save some coin, stay here. It's possible to find helpful staff. The wireless didn't work well in my room . . . but honestly, this is a place relatively simple to drop off your bags and then explore Muscat. Breakfast was what you'd expect for a 2 star or so hotel. Fabulous? No. Decent? Yes. On a budget? Stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Balkans - Phile,

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback of yours on rooms and guest servicesl. The Ruwi Hotel has under gone many changes during the past year, upgrading the swimming pool area, the rooms, gymnasium and banquet hall. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Ruwi Hotel Musact.

Ruwi Hotel-Muscat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ruwi
Al Falaj Hotel
Crowne Plaza Muscat
Crowne Plaza Muscat
#8 of 55 in Muscat
The Chedi Muscat – a GHM hotel

Been to Tulip Inn Downtown Muscat? Share your experiences!