“A good and comfortable stay for the family”

Juweira Boutique Hotel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Salalah
Muscat
“A good and comfortable stay for the family”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Spent two nights with the family and found the place a bit far off from the main city. Stayed in a two bedroom apartment which was well appointed with spacious bedrooms, living and a equipped Kitchen area- which is quite a help when traveling with family.The quality of gadgets provided in the Kitchen are very good and overall experience was trouble free and smooth.

Morning breakfast spread was ok but can be made better. Some water sports activities must be added to make he stay more exciting.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank NBattaMuscat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Nice, France
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Our stay in Salalah was absolutely amazing. We got upgraded to a family room and were quite speechless about all that space, the tastefull design and the good equipment of our suite. The breakfast was awesome. But the best thing was the beach, miles of golden sand, palm trees, hardly any people and swimming every day with the dolphins. Just great!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cheftrainer
Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Good:

I really enjoyed the isolation of the hotel, it was exactly what I needed in this vacation.

The room I stayed in (Marina Suite no 315) was very clean, very quiet and extremely comfortable!

I loved how the hotel helped in sustainability and environmental protection.

The bathroom was bigger than my bedroom in my country! Beautiful view in my terrace.

The hotel also provided me with a car rental agency and also offered to book special trips for me. Friendly staff, especially Ismelda and Hamid.

Tea/coffee/ and a new Nespresso machine which was extremely lovely.

Complementary cold beverage upon arrival, that was nice.

The Bad:

The internet connection (wifi) was weak in my room, although to be fair, I was told that I wasn't going to receive wifi in my room...so the fact that I even had wifi was a good thing.

The sliding doors in the bedroom and bathroom were designed in a way where if I pulled them too far out, then they get jammed.

Although the staff were very polite and friendly, I did think they were slightly undertrained. My requests for room service took a long time.

The "Al-Samak" restaurant was closed during my stay, I was under the assumption that it would be open. This limited my food choices because the other restaurant "Al-Fanar" had little choices in terms of seafood. I am a pescatairan which means I do not eat red meats and poultry. The food offered was a four star quality but charged for five star prices. This made it slighlty inconvenient because there were no restaurants close to the hotel, it was very isolated.

I would have given this hotel a lovely 8.5 stars out of 10, but something happened that made me give them only 2 stars out of 10! During my stay in Salalah, I met somebody who asked me for my phone number; I did not trust that person, so I gave him a fake number. He knew my name and knew where I was staying. When I checked out and went to Muscat, I recieved a phone call from that person. He had went to the hotel and asked them to give him my phone number and they did that! When I called them to check if that was true, they said that my "friend" asked for my number, so they gave it to him! If he was my friend, then he would have already have my number! They could have atleast called me and asked if I wanted my number to be given away! This is my personal information! They have no right to give my personal information to anyone, let alone a stranger! My phone number was given to them for registration purposes only, not to be given away to anyone!

I do not reccomend anyone to visit the hotel again unless they don't mind their personal information given away to random strangers.

Room Tip: Marina Suite, great value for money and beautiful room...made me feel like royalty.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
8 Thank Salderazi
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Juweira 9-16 June 2014. Salalah is not too well known compared to Muscat, however, well worth a visit.

The hotel is part of a modern development on Salalah Beach just a little outside town (a good thing). The area is quiet, the hotel has private beaches and two very nice pools - serviced by Al Boom Bar. Coffees, beer etc. All very nice.

A small modern gym on site which I used. Good equipment, suffice for a reasonable workout. It also had Spa stuff etc but I didn't use them.

I had a suite Room 104. It was giant. A really nice affair. Bedroom separated by dividing doors and a bathroom so big I lost my wife in it (lol). Very nice bathroom.

Hotel buffet breakfast was very good indeed. Good variety of quality food. I personally had to moderate my food. Too easy to over eat. Never ate at the hotel. I had a car and went to Salalah for dinner. Can't comment on dinner but breakfast was great.

Staff were all very nice and friendly - credit to the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble and were always happy to oblige and made me feel welcome. Imelda was on reception when I arrived and left. She was lovely. Very accommodating and offered good advice and a smile with personal attention.

I hope I'm fortuitous enough to visit again as the experience was nice and very worth while. Want something different? Salalah and Juweira might be it. Oh it is also in the Tropics. Niiiiiccccee.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rich188
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The main attraction after their very cordial and friendly staff is the location. A very silent place by the sea. The rooms are spacious with no unwanted furniture. The hotel has a very clean and beautiful vicinity. The restaurants serve good food. And its truly worth the money you pay. Again I must highlight the nice behaviour of their staff each one of them from the bell boy to the reception staff and the attenders at the restaurant. I have a couple of names in my mind but not mentioning it here as the list is long..........

Room Tip: Choose the one with the balcony with the sea view. Better book at first or second level.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at the hotel Juweira 10 days in early May and enjoyed our stay .
The hotel is a short half hour drive from Salalah Airport , and is part of a major construction project where next to hotels also a marina and private homes are being built. The whole project is not finished yet , but around the Juweira Hotel everything is finished . There was no construction noise during our stay, it was remarkably quiet .

We had booked a Marina Suite and that is really worth the extra cost : a very spacious room with sitting area plus an additional large bedroom . The bathroom is very spacious , just a pity that they have not chosen to give the toilet a separate door.

The hotel staff are generally very friendly and helpful, and the entire lobby breathes calm.

The hotel also has a beach area 5 minute walk away , but it's not so special . It is still on the Marina and not to the open sea . Actually the beach at the Rotana Hotel , the hotel next Juweira , is much nicer. On the question whether or not we could use that beach an employee at our reception said that it probably couldn’t. Well, we tried it anyway , and were welcomed at the Rotana very warmly , got so many towels as we wanted and fine chairs in the front row, near the beautiful sea. We came back almost every day for the whole week , and this was never a problem . The water is very clear and at this beach it is a bit cooler as there is a slight wind. Just a pity that it is impossible to order drinks at the beach, neither in the Rotana nor the Juweira.

The Juweira has also two nice swimming pools area’s . The number of loungers is more than enough and there is no reason to reserve them. The pool water is however quiet hot , so a dip in the pool is not refreshing at all . They should consider doing something about this. What we found particularly strange is that one day at the pool a man came along with insect venom and spread the poison around the pool without alerting the guests. It took a good 10 minutes , made a lot of noise and there was a huge gas development . None of the guests were warned to go away. Strange!

The evening buffet in the restaurant of the hotel is well kept and there is something for everyone in terms of meat, fish and salad, but do not expect a big , wide choice . Especially compared to other hotels we know , this buffet was very modest. Also, it is a shame that this restaurant has no alcohol license , so no wine is served. The separate seafood restaurant, belonging to the hotel but located 50 meters away, has however an alcohol license, and the price-quality ratio of the wine offered is reasonable. The food is good , but even in half board you still pay 100 % of the bill, which is a pity.

Overall, the hotel Juweira a pleasant place to stay , and you can get some rest. There is no mass tourism , but the service is certainly within Western standards. A place to remember and definitely to come back to!

Room Tip: The marina suit is a must!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Hotel is well signposted from the airport and a 20 minute drive found us there with no difficulty. We arrived late at night and the check in was pretty quick and efficient. The rooms were nice (we had a triple suite for 2 adults and three kids) the room had one extra bed and one travel cot, although we had to make up the third bed on the sofa the sheets and blankets were brought to the room very quickly.
The pools are nice and perfect for families although the pool bar keeps strange hours for alcohol - 1-3pm and 6pm onwards weekdays and after 4 on Fridays.
We only ate at the pool bar which was good quality. The buffet breakfast was limited and seemed to run out of things regularly, but was sufficient to start the day.
Our only real worry was the broken light and bare electrical wires sticking into the swimming pool. We were assured that there was no power but it doesn't take much for someone to turn it on...
For the price however we felt we had good value.

Room Tip: Go to the Rotana next door to treat yourself for a quality buffet dinner with wine!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family