“A word of warning”
Review of Arabian Sea Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salalah
Arabian Sea Villas
Ranked #1 of 11 Salalah B&B and Inns
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“A word of warning”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Arabian Sea Villas. The managers are friendly and helpful and the location on the beach is wonderful. We had a large family room and the breakfast was very good. Our word of warning comes in the booking procedure. We had great difficulty in contacting the guest house direct and their website seemed to have been slightly hijacked by a German tour company called Arabia Felix. We cautiously booked through them and then found to our horror upon arrival that of course we could have got a far, far better deal had we been able to book direct. To cut a long story short we had bad dealings with Arabia Felix and I would most certainly not recommend using them. We booked 6 nights at Arabian Sea Villas and basically Arabia Felix made a massive profit out of us for doing nothing but book the room for us. When we took issue with them upon our return they were not interested and came up with pathetic excuses as to why they charged us what they did. Basically we were ripped off and I would be very careful to make sure you contact Arabia Sea Villas direct and not use Arabia Felix. It has left a bad taste for us.

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor have a nice roof terrace. The family room is on the ground floor with no...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
12 Thank Peters536

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Really special to be on a local beach, and be with the locals.
Rooms comfortable, clean and adequate. Breakfast was the best in the whole of Oman, with great variety and choice. Roof terrace was a great bonus
Help and advice for guides into the empty quarter was absolutely FANTASTIC and i would highly recommend you book thru this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank misterclarke
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have to agree with most reviewers when they say the hotel offers the basics. It's quite clean, though they don't clean the room every day (not an issue for me--I don't clean every day, either!). The hotel is somewhat worn and could use some freshening up, though the exterior was delightful with lots of potted plants and swept walkways. The bed was comfortable and the a/c worked almost too well. I appreciated having a mini-fridge in the room. Breakfast was a good array of choices and the kitchen will scramble some eggs for you if you ask.

The bathroom was pretty standard, featuring a shower pan on the floor. The hot water was scalding and I had to be very careful not to turn up the tap too much. The bath towel was thick, but there was no hand towel or wash cloth, and it was a bit inconvenient having to use the liquid soap by the sink without a cloth.

I had a terrace room but think I would have preferred a sea-view balcony room instead. The terrace was used by guests from the lower floors so it was not always private as a balcony would have been (e.g., they were using tables and chairs I had planned to use for lunch). Also, there is a wall along the roof edge that prevents a good sea view unless you're near the edge; if you were on the sofa in the sitting room you had no view. There was no screen on the sea-facing windows so they had to be kept shut to keep out mosquitos; would have loved to have the windows open to listen to the waves at night. I peeked in one balcony room as it was being cleaned and it had a much nicer bathroom and the balcony sliding door had a screen, as well as a balustrade that permitted a good view.

A car here is pretty essential. You are far away from the better restaurants (although a nearby "dive" had good Indian food) and at the mercy of few-and-far-between taxis or the guide. They have a guide that they use on a regular basis. He also picked me up at the airport. He is personable and gave me an interesting tour but didn't seem as knowledgeable as I would have expected.

Still, as others have noted, this hotel offers you basic comfort and friendly service, and I would not hesitate to go back. I think if I'd had a different room I would have given four stars.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank azbuceadora
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 September 2011

After being picked up at the airport, we got our 'daily briefing' every day during our breakfast with help and hints and as much information as we needed to spend a great day exploring Salalah and its surroundings. The rooms were clean and comfortable. No complaints. No pushy sales. Just extra nice people and good care. We loved it, we'll be back.
Wireless was up and running and free.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marcomove
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 17 March 2011

we had a roof balcony room with excellent view of the ocean and the passing dolphins every evening. for breakfast I went to the breakfast room, asked for a board and carried all the good things to our balcony for breakfast, just great! since a bit out of town, make sure you have a car, on the beach you can walk for hours

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank aelte
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I was with a group of five and we found staff to be helpful to us in finding restaurants and the like. It's on the beach and the swimmers among us were happy campers. It was at the end of a three week tour around Oman so the out of the way location was fine. Rooms were clean; breakfast was good. What more can I say?

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jogil415
Muscat Governorate, Oman
Reviewed 10 October 2010

The bathroom gutter oveflows as soon as you open the tap and fills the entire floor. The AC in the room was not working. Despite a complaint, the AC was not repaired.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family