All reviewspc bhurbanswimming poolgolf coursefive star hotelno doubtchinese restaurantbeautiful locationvalley viewfresh airduty managerrooms are comfortablehealth clubtai panhigh teahill resortmini cinemahill station
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed on October 20th with my family and friends. They booked me a room with view and said that extra mattress is available at no extra charge. Which I requested at time of booking. arrived at 8 pm, and asked for mattress again, went for dinner buffet and came back to the room, still no mattress, called the desk again and went out for tee, returned to room at midnight, still no mattress, called the desk again, mattress finally arrived at 1:00 am with a voucher to sign for the charges for extra when ask the employee that it should be free he said no there is a charge, I had to call the desk again to get this sorted out in my pajamas. This totally disturbed our sleep. Then around 1:45 am, security knocked at the door to tell us that there are too many guests in the room. Can’t you tell us that at time of booking or when we check in??I booked for 2 nights but decided to check out next morning because of terrible night experience. At check out I asked to speak to the manager and told the manager everything, he offered to discount our 2nd night which I refused as I had decided to leave at that time. I asked him if he can discount our last night, which he said that he cannot reverse the charges from past,(what a logic) then I asked about discount on our morning room service which was served same day, he said he cannot because that is food charges.
I am a hotel general manager in Canada for last 13 years and have never heard of that kind of management who cannot discount the previous night. Guest doesn’t care where you take the discount whether it is food or room or whatever charges. Totally helpless and powerless front office manager, he asked to write down the details so he can pass it on to the higher management, which I did and have not heard anything as of today. They also could not refund my credit card for second night and had to send me a check by mail for the balance, again I never seen this in anywhere in the world that you put down your credit card and then get money back after 2 weeks. What an old outdated system PC is running there is simply unbelievable. PC need to wake up and train their employees for better and efficient service not just to look for making money from every guest possible in way of tip. I left my email address but no one bothered to contact and has lost a good customer. We had a wonderful time in Islamabad where we stayed for 2 nights in a non PC hotel. Service is the key in this business and they have definitely lost it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Imagination92
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are disappointed that your recent experience was not reflective of usual high standards that prevail at our hotel.

Your valuable comments has been discussed in length with the concerned Manager and well received with a renewed spirit of doing everything we can to meet and exceed expectations of our guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly whenever you are travelling to Pakistan next time for any assistance that you may require.

Very best regards

Reviewed 21 November 2013

I traveled from the UK and decided to book a few nights stay in this hotel, for our wedding anniversary. On arrival the security is stricter than at the Islamabad airport, which is a good thing.
Hotel is in the middle of nowhere and not much to do in the area surrounding it. Breakfast is very average, so is the dinner in the evening.
It is a nice and clean hotel to stay in.
Nice views.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank shahid h
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Mr. Shahid,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel. We look forward to having another opportunity of hosting you and demonstrating that we can do much better to meet and exceed your expectations.

Best Regards

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Situated in a hill station just 15 km from Murree or nearly 80 Km from Islamabad. I had a very interesting experience. The serene atmosphere was at its best. Rooms are small and that is a plenty of minus point, room service is just ok, buffet breakfast on the balcony over looking the enchanting greenery is really an awesome sight. Food at lunch and dinner is also good and quite economical to international standards. I have never seen a hotel with so much greenery and clean air, even the air smells with scent from the pines trees. Just great place to be.

Room Tip: Always book in advance to get bargain rates. Room rates are negotiable depending on season and occupancy. Usually third day stay is complimentary after two days booking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sikander G

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time and posting a very nice review.
We look forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Best regards

Zulfiqar Ahmed

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Here i am at PC Bhurban writing a review in the middle of the night thanks to their 'AWESOME' service.. I am a former Privilege Card holder and i have not renewed my card for a while now.. My previous visit here about 2 years ago was a disaster after which we decided we won't be visiting again. The hotel was undergoing renovations and they confirmed our booking without telling us about it. The hotel looked like a garbage bin and in the corridor outside our room the carpets were turned ,dust and mess everywhere, not to mention the noise that kept us awake. All their facilities were closed and there was practically nothing to do !!! We checked out the next day.
This week, we finally decided to give it another try. Thankfully , we did not renew our membership!! The check in went ok and i thought , well this might just turn out to be a good relaxing vacation.. Fat chance !! My husband got a skin allergy tonight and upon inspecting, we found our beds crawling with BUGS !!!!!!!!!! And the bugs just kept coming out... from pillows, sheets, cushions.... after complaining to the hotel management responded( like 15-20 mins later and after a good 3 calls to the reception), with excuses and offers to upgrade, we have been shifted to a suite.. Does not matter because our plans to have a relaxing weekend have just gone down the drain and i am practically checking my kids again n again to make sure there's no bug trying to get in their ears..Have decided to check out first thing in the morning ...i am never coming back and NEVER renewing my PRIVILEGE card membership because quite frankly, this is SO NOT the kind of privilege one expects from a so-called 4/5 star hotel... Thanks for ruining my trip !!!!

Room Tip: I would suggest people to try some other place. There are lots of nice places in murree. Maisonette Firhill is the alternate we discovered when we stopped coming to PC Bhurban. I wish we had gone there this time as well.. :/
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank khadija k

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience and discomfort caused due to the unpleasant situation.

As we head into the winter season, it is in nature of things that pests, insects etc seek to establish themselves in comfortable environment like ours with renewed vigor. We are exerting maximum possible efforts to carry out extraordinary pest control measures and no such incident was reported again.

We look forward to have another opportunity of hosting you again soon.

Best Regards

Zulfiqar Ahmed

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Before you enter PC Bhurban you have to pay a Rs. 500 toll unless you are going for an event or are staying there in which case you are exempted. As you move further your vehicle will be scanned by a dog later your bags will be scannned and tagged everytime you enter the hotel. The main entrance is at 4th floor where all the halls, reception, Nadia restuarant, Terrace Cafe and a couple of shops are situated. The rooms are further down. At the basement or first floor the gym/fitness club, kids play area and few more shops are located. If you go out from there you can find scenic views along with the pool and Chinar Hall which is situated further ahead. The view from Terrace Cafe is no doubt wonderful. The rooms are very expensive esp if you opt for valley view room. The food is just like any other PC: expensive and tasteless. There is a prayer area also near the gym which is a very nice facility for visitors. Not everyone can afford to stay here but I advise atleast visit it and have a good view of Murree which would be worth paying the toll.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Salaaar
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.

Just wanted to clarify that the idea behind charging the entry fee is to limit the number of day visitors in order to provide conducive environment to staying guests. Also, this fee is adjustable in the bill. No fee is charged to hotel guests and those attending an event or meeting.

Unfortunately, due to prevailing security environment in the country, we have to take all measures to safeguard our guests, employees and hotel building.

Best regards