All reviews pc bhurban swimming pool golf course five star hotel no doubt chinese restaurant beautiful location valley view fresh air duty manager rooms are comfortable health club tai pan high tea hill resort mini cinema hill station
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

Asslam O Alikum

The last comment were made on feb 1st. Which is diverting my mind. It will be better that manager will respond to this . That how much work is done . Room & specially BATHROOM. M planning to visit the hotel. Because this will also others to make there mind

Stayed: February 2014
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Soft renovation of all guest rooms is in progress , contractors are working in two shifts and this project is expected to be completed latest by mid-march,2014. Bathrooms were renovated two years ago however, detailed maintenance is being done on an ongoing basis.

best regards

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I have stayed there for several times, but this time we had two nights stay for our annual conference nearly 100 people. its getting worst and worst every year, this seems to be a TWO-STAR hotel now.

1. security check and baggage management is good
2. rooms are old, amenities do not work properly
3. AC can ON/OFF, temperature and fan speed adjustment do not work
4. AC may be 20 years old, too noisy, I could not sleep until I turned it OFF
5. washrooms are just so so
6. we had outdoor bone-fire, worst food ate ever
7. most people from our group, got sick because of food

I would never go or try to eat there again, we choose this hotel for conference, this was a mistake, we would never do it again.

Room Tip: never go there
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Zubair M
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Mr Zubair,

Thank you for your valuable feedback concerning your recent stay at our hotel . We are very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectation this time, although, comments from your Group Coordinator Mr Shahid Alvi were as follows:

"Need to improve food taste. Overall, good as compared to other PC Hotels - Still margin for improvement"

Regardless of the above, we have taken your comments very seriously and immediate corrective actions are being taken. Good news is that the all guest rooms are getting new look and renovation project is in progress. 80 percent old AC units have been replaced and the remaining will be changed within next few months.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Travelling to Muree or Bhurban the PC appears to be logical choice for comfort and safety specially if you have young children with you and are going there in the winter months. It met both standards and offered a pleasant enough stay.
+Ve : Good amnesties in room, bed was comfortable, proper heating in room and warm water in the bathroom.
Food at all restaurants is good.
Activities for kids and adults available with in the hotel premises like gym squash court, tennis court, snooker tables, table tennis. Outside play area and swings. Hiking trail.
Staff overall were freindly.
Good room service.
-Ve : Cost at all the restaurants is high.
Reception area and the check-in process needs to be improved.

Room Tip: Valley view rooms have a view worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mir_Dxb
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Thank you very much for your kind comments and valuable feedback which is a great tool for us to bring about further improvements in our ongoing operations.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I guess the review is quite pointless as far as helping others choose a place is concerned. This is because Pearl Continental the only 'proper' hotel in the whole region. I guess this explains the complacency which is quite evident in the staff's attitude and general level of service.

I will start with the good things. The location is fabulous. The quality of fittings and facilities in the rooms is simply great. There is a good selection of restaurants to choose from. The buffet breakfast was good.

Where they need to up their game is the service and the attitude. I found some of the staff to be outright snobbish, specially in the restaurants. The cafe at the terrace had incredibly long waiting times. There are two elevators - one of them was out of service throughout our three day stay. We had to wait for aquite a while every time we wanted to go to a different level which is quite often as the hotel is constructed with split levels in a hilly area and facilities are spread across all levels. The kids play area was poorly maintained. All in all, it was the service which left a bad taste.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we are disappointed that this time we failed to meet your expectations from Service stand point.

We have shared your comments with all concerned members of our team in order to take necessary corrective actions and look forward to have another opportunity of demonstrating that we really can do much better.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I stayed on October 20th with my family and friends. They booked me a room with view and said that extra mattress is available at no extra charge. Which I requested at time of booking. arrived at 8 pm, and asked for mattress again, went for dinner buffet and came back to the room, still no mattress, called the desk again and went out for tee, returned to room at midnight, still no mattress, called the desk again, mattress finally arrived at 1:00 am with a voucher to sign for the charges for extra when ask the employee that it should be free he said no there is a charge, I had to call the desk again to get this sorted out in my pajamas. This totally disturbed our sleep. Then around 1:45 am, security knocked at the door to tell us that there are too many guests in the room. Can’t you tell us that at time of booking or when we check in??I booked for 2 nights but decided to check out next morning because of terrible night experience. At check out I asked to speak to the manager and told the manager everything, he offered to discount our 2nd night which I refused as I had decided to leave at that time. I asked him if he can discount our last night, which he said that he cannot reverse the charges from past,(what a logic) then I asked about discount on our morning room service which was served same day, he said he cannot because that is food charges.
I am a hotel general manager in Canada for last 13 years and have never heard of that kind of management who cannot discount the previous night. Guest doesn’t care where you take the discount whether it is food or room or whatever charges. Totally helpless and powerless front office manager, he asked to write down the details so he can pass it on to the higher management, which I did and have not heard anything as of today. They also could not refund my credit card for second night and had to send me a check by mail for the balance, again I never seen this in anywhere in the world that you put down your credit card and then get money back after 2 weeks. What an old outdated system PC is running there is simply unbelievable. PC need to wake up and train their employees for better and efficient service not just to look for making money from every guest possible in way of tip. I left my email address but no one bothered to contact and has lost a good customer. We had a wonderful time in Islamabad where we stayed for 2 nights in a non PC hotel. Service is the key in this business and they have definitely lost it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Imagination92
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback and we are disappointed that your recent experience was not reflective of usual high standards that prevail at our hotel.

Your valuable comments has been discussed in length with the concerned Manager and well received with a renewed spirit of doing everything we can to meet and exceed expectations of our guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly whenever you are travelling to Pakistan next time for any assistance that you may require.

Very best regards