Pension Topas
US$212
US$206
US$283
US$267
Boquete Tree Trek Mountain Resort(Boquete)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$153
US$109
US$88
The Haven and Spa(Boquete)
US$108
US$109
US$76
US$203
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

The Topas is a great place to stay in Boquete if you are looking for a frienly place that is not too expensive! Obviously no place in Boquete is always quiet, but I am looking at some of the negative reviews and just have to laugh! I stayed for 3 weeks at Topas and was very satisfied with comfort of room ( yes, I did have the best one with cable TV and ensuite bathroom, but the daily price goes down when you stay longer). The garden is lovely, lots of birds, lots of intersting people meeting up at the shady, wind protected court yard- it seems to be THE place to meet travellers who come by car from Argentina or Canada! Also anything from young backpackers to families with children have passed through while I was there. The pool is great on hot days, the owner and his family are very friendly and knowleadgable and keep the place super clean. there might be some confusion about the lack of an office or reception area- you just have to knock on their door and wander into their cozy kitchen, but I never felt I was interrupting anybody. I highly recomend this place! And yes, the simple room with outdoor bathroom isn't great- but you get it for the price of a dormbed anywhere else...
4 blocks from the downtown Plaza and 1 block away from the best bakery cafe in Panama (Sugar&Spice)

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 24 November 2012

This place is very cute, cozy and clean, friendly staff and found the owner very helpful. Located close to town, only about a 5 minute walk. Area was quiet and safe.

Thought the value was great and would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank IslandGirl127
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I first when to this hostel about 10 years ago during a trip around panama in 2002. I really enjoyed all the Tintin paintings (I would read all the books when I was a kid). Overall the first stay was nice. This stay however, was much much different. To break down the rooms from what I know you have three different types. First you have a few rooms around the court yard that seem to be very nice. The price seems to fluctuate but I was last quoted 36USD for one of these rooms... busy time in Boquete. The second rooms were in the back of the yard and were nice the last time I was there. They were occupied when we tried to stay there a second time. The third room is 100% horrible. Seems cute from the outside, but It is a shack, with an outdoor bathroom. We have traveled a lot and sleeping a room with an outdoor bathroom is fine, but if that's going to be the case then please have a way to keep the bugs (i.e. very large spiders and centipedes) off the bed at night, either a screen on the window or a bug net over the bed. I have spent plenty of time sleeping with bugs but have never paid 18USD to do so. When we woke up there were plenty of bug bites to go around, the worst being a major bite on my girlfriends knee that caused problems for a few days (maybe a spider bite). The roof is also loose, and will shake loudly all night if there is wind (which there always is). Overall, the owner was nice enough, last time I stayed there the breakfast was great, and if you want to pay for the $36 rooms (Im sure they vary during the year) your time there will be great, cable tv! but whatever you do, do NOT stay in the simple double room/storage shed, you'll know your in when you see it! Needless to say, we left the next morning and found a great place a block away with en ensuite bathroom for the same price.

Room Tip: Suites by the back patio are cool and spacious. Don't choose the double with shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AandD_VentureOut
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This place was not very welcoming. first it's a long walk from the center of Boquete, if you are a backpackers don't go there 'cause it's not worth it. The advantage would be that it's a calm place but not, there are 10 kids of the owner's family constantly noisily playing in the garden all days long so if you wanted comfort forget it ! after check-in we didn't have any more service. Don't even know if there was a breakfast. Absolutely no help or tip for the activities in Boquete.
the pool is 4sq meters, first day dirty, 2day empty, 3rd day full of the owner's kids and friends...
I really felt like intruding into a family in this place... And if it rains, be careful it may rain into your bed ! there are leaks in the roof !

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Near to center of town, convenient and clean. Owner is very knowledgeable about the area and gave us some really good tips on doing a lot nearby for very little money. Very deep pool, our children loved that. Our children thought the Toucan and rabbit was great. Dogs were playful and our sons even got in a game of soccer with the owner's kids!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "flat" in the back of the yard. Our children stayed in the room right below us. If you are four people book these, very private and quiet!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family