“Excellent service and comfortable rooms”
Review of Valle Primavera

Valle Primavera
Boquete, Panama
“Excellent service and comfortable rooms”
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

It is a place to feel at home. The owner who greeted us personally is very friendly and always willing to help. The hotel is close to the down town and the weather is perfect.
I will definitely be staying here! The rooms are very comfortable. Recommended

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 March 2013

It's a little out of the way, but this is a small town so it's not that big an inconvenience. The hosts are very nice and friendly; rooms are large and functional. It's kind of cute to have breakfast served but it's not that great. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2013

We stayed for three nights in Feb 2013, and really enjoyed our visit. We stayed in the big room (called "Surprise") which was pretty nice - big comfy bed, couch, loveseat, TV (not that we turned it on), table and chairs, full kitchen. Nieves and her mother took great care of us, and really went out of their way to make things easier for our toddler.

I think the best thing about Valle Primavera is the location - it's a nice 5-10 minute walk from the main street / central park. You can take the 'back road' which runs parallel to the main street, which makes for a scenic walk.

And there was a mandarin tree in the yard!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Washington
Reviewed 19 February 2013

The room was beautiful and had its own kitchen. The location was great, being within walking distance of downtown but not in the sometimes noisy center. The hosts were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome and to help us out. The level of service from Nieves and her mother is well above and beyond anything I have experienced in any hotel recently. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MF497
Lexington, MA
Reviewed 13 January 2013

I found exceptional service and value at Valle Primavera. The room was very comfortable and close to the center of town but on a quiet street away from the main road and hubbub of town. Nieves is the delightful and super helpful proprietor and she really goes the 'extra mile' to provide her guests with superior service and exceptional customer satisfaction. A hot, nutritious breakfast is served right in your room and included a big fat fluffy pancake, juice, fruit and outstanding Panamanian coffee. Mmmmm. I highly recommend Valle Primavera!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Boquete, Panama
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Valle Primavera - a great little lodging place in a real Panamanian neighborhood away from the rest of the tourists! I've a retired widower who has written extensively at my personal blog about my research and decision to move to a tropical location. I was looking for a place that wasn't too hot, and had a lively community without a corporate, tacky, commercialized Disneyland like atmosphere. Boquete, a little old town in an absolutely spectacular valley setting on the slopes of the 11,398" high Volcan Baru, the highest mountain in Panama seemed to be a good choice. Man, was right on that one! Boquete is a wonderful, isolated little gem of a setting just high enough to have a perfect climate. (And of course, the December-March dry season is, although quite windy, is a good time to start exploring the area.)
I had procrastinated about booking my initial lodging, and at the last minute, contacted Valle Primavera about a reservation. I had already booked my flight and they didn't have a regular room available for my first night, but Nieves, the owner and manager, offered to put me up one night in a small bedroom with a separate outside entrance in the corner of her modest, typical Panamanian house. This made me immediately feel almost like family, and not an ordinary hotel guest.
Valle Primavera is down in the Boquete valley on the way towards downtown, one block west of Via Boquete, on a street named Ave A Oeste (Avenue A West). However, no one seems to use street names in Panama, even when there are actually signs with those street names! The Valle Primavera hospedaje (lodging) is two buildings with guest rooms, and Nieves modest home in front. There is a two-bedroom unit next to Nieves house, and a three studio building behind it. The studios have an empty field visible through the trees in back leading to a rainforest hillside. The two side units are bedrooms only, and the back three are studios, each with a tiny kitchenette. Truly a personal and intimate neighborhood setting.
I arrived via taxi late in the evening, quite tired after the seven-hour bus ride from Panama City through the beautiful countryside to David, the provincial capital 25 miles down the mountain from Boquete. Nieves turned out to be a delightful Panamanian woman, gracious and welcoming, and she always seemed to have a friendly smile and easy laughter. She immediately made me feel at home - and at ease - and it was immediately obvious that her attitude and demeanor was from a real joy and love of life - and not a put-on for guests. (Panama has recently been declared by a Gallup poll to be the country with the happiest people in the world - and my stay at Valle Primavera demonstrated that nicely.)
Nieves moved me to one of the side bedroom units after the guests staying there had left and the room cleaned. A couple of days later, I moved again, this time to a back studio where I stayed for three weeks, and quickly warmed to the idea that Boquete was going to be my new, permanent home. It turned out that staying in a Panamanian-owned and managed lodging in a modest Panamanian neighborhood was an excellent decision - a very lucky decision. (Or was it pre-ordained??)
I will be required to vacate my current small rental house high in the hills above Boquete when the owners come down from the U.S. in March for a one month stay - it's part of my rental agreement. If I decide to stay in Bajo Boquete (the main village), my first choice for that month will most certainly be a return to Valle Primavera, a delightful little budget hospedaje .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DvanHarn
Boston
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

Nieves was an excellent host. The rooms are basic, clean and include a kitchen. Laundry service is available. Breakfast is included (big, fluffy pancakes). We had an issue with the hot water and Nieves insisted on compensating us with a free night (totally unnecessary). Its location is a 5 minute walk from the center of town. Quiet yet convenient. Nieves offers to arrange tours, although we opted to do this ourselves. I highly recommend this place

Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple