“Casa Pedro, Boquete, Panama”
Review of Casa Pedro

and 1 more site!
Casa Pedro
Troy, New Hampshire
“Casa Pedro, Boquete, Panama”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

This was my 3rd year staying at Casa Pedro - Boquete. I teach a tropical ecology course and bring my students each year to Casa Pedro. The rooms, food, and family setting is superb! It is safe, clean, quiet, and the ambiance is outstanding! Looking forward to returning next year.
Dan B - TTE / NU 3 Seas Program

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DanBisaccio

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed here with a college group, and they were very accommodating and inviting. They made breakfast, dinner, and sometimes lunch for our entire group that was always delicious, organic, and fit the weather (soup when it's cold and rainy, for example). The rooms were large and comfortable, as were the beds. They have a porch and hammock to relax on and a large TV with hundreds of movies to watch in the living room. The only drawbacks were the shower (water alternated from frigid to scalding), the dog sometimes whines loudly in the morning, and that it might not be as easy to get around if you don't have a car. The location is beautiful and the family is nice and make sure you feel at home. If for no other reason though, stay for the food!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I found this place really awkward to stay in. I travel very frequently and though I love the charm of a B&B, I don't want to go through somebody's living room each time I leave my room. I also felt like it was unclear what could be expected - we were asked if we wanted something for breakfast, but I wasn't sure if it was asked as a personal favor... Again, perhaps for some kind of traveler it would be perfect, but it wasn't right for me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tatyana2307
Cartagena, Colombia
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We had a group of 6 and Casa Pedro was a obvious choice from the beginning because they have rooms and a separate cabin. My wife and arrived first and were initially concerned because of the distance from town(3 1/2 KMs). It turned out to be a non-issue because cabs are easy to come by and are cheap. This is a great place for a family or anyone who wants to experience the countryside. There is a nice hike literally outside the door where you will see coffee bushes and great views. The owner and his wife are top notch hosts and are truly professional. Meals were homemade and delicious. Enjoy!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 March 2012

There are many great reviews here. There is little that I can say that hasn't already been said better by someone else. I spent a week there during the Boquete Jazz and Blues Festival.This was not only my first trip to Boquete and Panama but my first trip abroad. The homey, relaxed atmosphere made my stay better than I could have imagined. Pedro and Marilin treated me like one of the family. On my last night there, Marilin prepared a special meal, but the meals were all extraordinary. It was truly like having a home away from home. I will stay there again if I have the chance to return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RBrockelsby
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My class and I stopped there for a few days to study the rainforest and hike Volcan Baru. However, despite the amazing nature, I think my favorite part was Casa Pedro and the amazing hospitality we received. Every meal was amazing, many with freshly gathered eggs, and I felt just at home. After the exhausting hike of Volcan Baru, Pedro knew exactly the meal (and pain relievers) to make us feel better. I would go back there in a heart beat.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I stayed at Casa Pedro for 3 weeks and enjoyed my time there thoroughly. It is a mountain lodge-style guest house with great charm: rustic, very clean, and all that fresh mountain air! The room I stayed in was big and spotless, with a queen-sized bed and a shared en-suite shower (opens from either room and locks from the inside).The plus for me was to get such quality accommodation at this affordable price. However, it was the people that really made my stay there unforgettable. Peter is the kind of hotel owner who really looks after his guests. He gave me tons of useful tourist information, helped me arrange taxis, led me and a group of friends on a hike on request, even went with me to the doctor so he could translate. Marilin, his wife, is a great cook and made me some of the best omelette breakfasts I've ever tasted!! They keep chickens, so the eggs were always fresh. And I also got to practise my Spanish with little Pedro Noel Jr and his playmate, Lobo the puppy. (Noel's Spanish was better). I recommend Casa Pedro one hundred percent!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo