Pension Marilos
US$180
US$171
US$134
US$116
The Haven and Spa(Boquete)
US$120
US$203
Travelocity
US$109
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This is a place where you get more for your money. It is very very clean, new, proper. It is more a hotel than a hostel. Owners are gentle and kind. You feel as at home. It is not a place for drinkers. There are children and don't go there to make a fiesta. There will be no fiesta anyway. Just go there and enjoy your stay. The price is more than reasonable. You can use kitchen, there is dining room. Just perfect place if we could only find more such places

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights in early September 2012 with my husband. Our room was spacious, with a full bed plus twin bed, dresser, night stand, and private bathroom. We were provided clean towels daily. Our room had a lovely view of the garden. It was a bit noisy because of the 2 dogs, 4 small children, and a parrot. Otherwise, it was great! It is located just 2 blocks from Central Park. Frank, the owner, was very friendly, and spoke perfect English. We paid $20 per night for the two of us. Pension Marilos is a good choice for travelers of any age looking for a safe place, in a good location.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great place to stay in Boquete! You feel more like you are actually staying with a family than in a hotel. The rooms are great (and cheap too!), you can use the kitchen, the Internet connection is reliable and it's a 5-min walk to the supermarket / main square. The downside is that the showers are lukewarm at best (I only had hot water once).
When I arrived in Boquete I was thinking of staying 3 nights but I ended up staying for more than one week, partly because I felt at home at Pension Marilos.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the garden rather than the street - it will be even quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank makapon
Reviewed 18 January 2012

So after reading the reviews we decided it would be the best option for us & went ahead and called (all the way from Germany) to make a reservation... Everything was fine, we arrived to Panama & stayed in Panama City for a few days. The day before we left to Boquete, I called to make sure our reservation was still in place (given the reviews I had read before) & he said everything was fine.
So we took off, arrived in the evening (already dark) and as soon as we came in the place was packed. I went to speak to the owner (perhaps his name is Marilo?) and he was like
"oh, I swear to God someone called this morning to cancel your reservation"... he kept speaking blabla about how he was not fully booked because I had called in the morning to cancel, I told him "I hope you remember that I called yesterday to confirm"... "yes yes I know, but I swear someone called this morning to cancel your reservation"... He could have just honestly told me "sorry, I was expecting you much earlier & this large group came so I gave them your reservation..."
so yea, that is what happened... thankfully I had already read a similar story so I was not fully surprised...
and THANKFULLY it was "low season" so we were able to stay elsewhere (we stayed at "La Casa de la Abuela" by the way, & it was GREAT!).

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AndyF956
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed at Pension Marilos for 4 nights and loved it. The place is very simple, but VERY clean. The rooms have very comfortable beds, private bathrooms and a very family atmosphere. The owner and all of the staff were so nice. My only suggestion is an outdoor sitting area in the garden. For the price I don't think there's a better deal in Panama!! Stay there - you'll love it!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends